SAHM 10/11 to 10/17

Options
Welcome! We are a great group of SAHM's the support each other through our weight loss journey and one of the most important jobs in the world! Being a mom! We welcome newcomers! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday ladies! Hope some of you get to enjoy having your hubby home on this holiday...mine is off golfing LOL

Had a great and busy weekend! It involved a lot of eating though (birthdays and cookouts) but I did run another 10 miles on Saturday and did TurboFire on Sunday. I burned 4300 calories last week!! Holy Cow!

Today, I need to get a short run in (3-4 miles) and do a TurboFire workout, and clean clean clean! Been so busy, the house got neglected a bit...

Nicole ~ You do not look old enough to have 14 and 17 year olds!!

Stacy ~ I hope so! I'm only 5'3", my goal weight is at the top of the BMI range..I know I can get there, but my belly and thighs are holding onto that stubborn fat and won't let it go. I should just get a tummy tuck and be done with it ;)

Hope everyone had a great weekend and hope you all have great week!
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I was on this thread a couple of years ago. I am a stay at home momma of 2 crazy boys Trey is 8 and Evan will be 4 in November. I can find the time to exercise its the cooking for the family on a budget that is hard. I try and stick to my calorie counting but I find it hard with the family. How do you all do it?
  • Kazren
    Kazren Posts: 88
    Options
    Hi, i am a SAHM from england, What holiday are you talking about?
  • Kazren
    Options
    its the cooking for the family on a budget that is hard

I know what its like cooking on a budget, we have five in our family and i have £27 a week to feed us all, it does not go far!
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    so how do you lose the weight and cook for a family. I try to cook good foods but money wise we have to eat some boxed stuff
  • mamagleas
    Options
    Hi Ladies!
    I'm a wife and SAHM to five - 15 down to 2 - in MN. I'm new to MFP as of last week. I'm still getting the eating figured out but will continue to journal all of it and learn as I go. I have dieted a million times but can't remember ever counting calories - how weird is that?
    Feeding the family on a budget is a forever challenge, I think. It seems like some days I can make a super healthy, interesting ingredient - type meal and others I need to dumb (cheap) it down and just eat a smaller portion. It's tough. My husband and I were just talking about how we're just getting started with growing appetites with our 15 year old boy. Our number two is a 13 yo boy so he'll be keeping up with his brother consumption-wise very soon. Yikes!
    Anyway, very glad to have found this thread!
    blessings,
    Mary
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Wow Katie! You are too quick for me! I have bee nstarting the thread since Trish is taking a break, and you get up much earlier than me!:laugh: (west coast)

Welcome all newcomers!

Katie-Thanks:flowerforyou: They are my stepkids. We are trying to have one of our own, but no luck so far:cry:

Mrs. Buzz- It is extremely hard with one income and food....especially with teenagers! I actually use beans alot as a source of protein. they are much cheaper than meat.

This past week was a recovery with with my running...meaning I just ran, not long distances, or other fancy stuff like repeats or fartleks....but yesterday I did I 5k time trial for myself. I am pleased with my time, but I know I can do better....I am stagnant on the weightloss again...:grumble: Maybe its been the cookies I have been eating?:tongue:

I need to drink more water this week!:drinker:
  • katapple
    Options
    Kazran ~ It's Columbus Day here in the states...why the government still takes this day off is beyond me...

MrsBuzz ~ I do a lot of bulk shopping when things go on sale. I buy chicken breast with skin and bones when they go on sale for .85/lb remove the skin and freeze. I use a lot of coupons and go to grocery stores that double them. I usually double recipes like soup, chili, crock pot recipes, so we have lunches during the week. We also do a lot of grilling, veggies are relatively cheap and taste yummy off the grill. If you ever roast a whole chicken, you can do so much with the leftover meat and stretch it out over a few meals, and even make your own chicken stock for cheap.

Nicole ~ I'm sure you've mentioned that before. So sorry about not being able to conceive, we had a hard time with our first as well. Hope you can get pregnant soon! And I'm 3 hours ahead of you...so yeah, I get up early compared to you!! ;) Recovery week for running? Do you have a race coming up??

Welcome Mary! Where in MN are you from? I am originally from ND.
  • NotTheOldMe
    Options
    Hi! This is my first time posting on the forums. My name is Kelly and a SAHM to my 3yr old son. We live in North Carolina in the middle of fields, fields and more fields. LOL I'm also fairly new to MFP, only been using the site about a week but I'm not new to weight loss or calorie counting. I also thought I was fat, looking back at the photos I can see I was no where near fat I just was insecure. After I had my son I started slowly putting on the weight and it wasn't until I hit 200 that I realized there was a problem, but having a small child I kept putting it off and the weight kept adding up until I was 220 and I started to work on myself. I did CC and lost about 20 lbs but then I went through a rough patch and gained it all back, plus another 20. So now here I am again! It's quite frustrating to have to lose weight I've already lost before but I'm doing it!!

I started about 3 weeks ago, with some girls from another message board and as you can see from my ticker I've lost 4lbs in that time. 4.4lbs to be exact. LOL I try to walk every day, for at least 20 minutes and I count calories. I use the Mobile app for my iTouch and it really makes it easy to track especially when I'm not at home.

I look forward to getting to know you all and continuing on this journey.
  • NotTheOldMe
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I was on this thread a couple of years ago. I am a stay at home momma of 2 crazy boys Trey is 8 and Evan will be 4 in November. I can find the time to exercise its the cooking for the family on a budget that is hard. I try and stick to my calorie counting but I find it hard with the family. How do you all do it?

Do you do menu planning? That has always been a big asset for me in sticking to my budget and now helping with my weight loss as well. I sit down on Thursday or friday night, depending on if I'm doing my shopping on Friday or Saturday and plan out the whole weeks meals and then make my grocery list from that. I can figure up how many calories are in each meal before hand as well.
  • cjemtegaard
    Options
    Hello! I am new to the thread, also a SAHM. I have two boys one is 8 years old and the other is 9 months old. On the west coast in WA state. Working on a healthier "relationship" with food! Learning healthier life long habits for myself and my family.
  • nicolee516
    Options
    Hi CJ and welcome! I am in Oregon, so we are kinda neighbors!:tongue:

Katie- no race yet...just needed a lighter week...I think I am going to do a marathon in the beginning of March...in Napa Valley!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies and Welcome newcomers :flowerforyou:

This weekend was awesome but boy were my calories out the door....

This week is kind of another busy week.

Monday-Had to take my lil man (he's 5 1/2 months old) to the dr today for a cold that his sister shared with him over the weekend, and he is doing better, still has a cough, can't do nothing but wait it out...poor baby! :frown:

Tuesday-Lunch with the Ladies-going to lunch with some girlfriends tomorrow afternoon

Wednesday-Running errands and paying bills, ugh! :grumble:

Thursday-Walk the riverwalk in the morning with my friend/walking partner.

Friday-Walk the riverwalk in the morning with my friend/walking partner.

Saturday-Hopefully a day of relaxation

Sunday-Corn mazes (again)

Hopefully this week isn't as crazy as last, its definitely not as busy, but still busy enough.

I'm thinking about hitting the sack early tonight . :yawn: Take care and I'll be checking in later tomorrow.
  • curliegirl
    Options
    Hi all! Pretty good day here--everyone is recovering from a major cold except me. I keep wondering when I am going to come down with it. Hopefully NEVER! Mom needs to be well to handle all the stuff going on. Our washer died last week so we are limping along by doing laundry at a friends. The new one comes tomorrow!!! Yes!

I did pretty good with water today been drinking lots but I forgot to keep track. Hopefully tomorrow.

Mrs B--one thing I do that proves healthy but fills my teens up is to get chicken breasts when they are on sale(stock up). Then I grill them & have with a salad. That is my basic meal but then I fill in with sides for the kids & my man. I will make rice or bake potatoes. Cheap but pretty healthy carbs that don't break the bank and actually have some health value. We try to stay away from boxed/processed stuff but it is SO hard!

Ditto to on the menu planning! It helps to plan your meals according to what is on sale too!

Kim
  • Kazren
    Options
    Hi all well today has nothing planned!!!!!!!!! miracle, well nothing during school time, but might go to town as i am looking at moving house and i want to go look at colors.
  • katapple
    Options
    Welcome Cjemtegaard! I miss WA state, especially this time of year :)

Nicole ~ Wow, a marathon!! That does not interest me at all...a half is about as far as I'm willing to push myself! LOL But how perfect for it to be in Napa Valley! The half I am doing is sponsored through a winery, so I'm totally excited about the after race party! ;)

Woke up and did TurboFire 30 today, and was able to go through it without the 'new to class' function :) What a great way to wake up! Trying to decide if I want to push the boys for a 4 mile run this morning...I guess it depends on how hot it's going to get LOL

Not much else planned today, still doing laundry, it's never ending, of course!

Hope you all have a fantastic Tuesday!
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    just marking to get back to later .doing well on controlling intake.
  • nicolee516
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Kim- I wanted to say earlier...yay! on the bike riding and not hurting your hip!

Katie- I said that before too about a marathon...it took me a long time to get the marathon bug...this is my third attempt at trying to do a marathon. 1st time I decided, We found out we were moving across the country. 2nd time this past summer, I started having achilles problems, 3rd times a charm right?:tongue:

Lots of laundry going on today here and cross stitch!
  • curliegirl
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Hope everyone is drinking water, plotting their workouts & generally having a good day!

Goals today--
    water water water--been doing better but have a ways to go.
    Grade papers--my least fav part of home schooling
    Bike ride--either outside or in--it MUST happen today

Let's get going!

Kim
  • Home6
    Home6 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Good morning, ladies~! I haven't been on MFP for quite a while, as things have been very hectic around this place. I apologize in advance for the long post, but here's what's been going on...

The Man came home several weeks ago and informed me that his unit has come down on orders for deployment to the 'Stan. This is expected, and I've had lots of time to wrap my head around it. And as I am a 'goal oriented' person, I came up with the idea of saving $20K while he is gone. Proposed this idea to him. He thinks it's a GREAT idea! So the next logical question~"DH, what would we spend the money on?" He answers, a trifle TOO promptly, "Use it for a down payment for a house for Mama." :noway: Say WHAAAA?? Because we send her money every month just to get by, guess who would be paying for the rest of this house for Mama? After taking a little while to calm down, I told him that maybe we should start putting money away for our retirement. The Man says he has a plan for retirement- spend 20 years in the Army, then get a government job, retire from that, and draw 2 pensions. I said, that's great, but what if that falls through? "God will provide", he says. Well, God is providing NOW, perhaps we should be saving our money for our future. Grrrrr.:explode:

Also, yesterday I had to take my younger daughter up to the children's hospital to have a biopsy done on the lump in her leg. The initial diagnosis is that it is a lipoma, a benign tumor of fatty tissue. She is doing great, already running around the house, but doesn't like having the bandages on her leg! :smile: We need to do another consult with the doctor to talk about removing it, which we are probably going to do, and she might require a little plastic surgery to tighten up the skin after it is gone. She has had this lump for almost 2 years now though, so I'm glad it is getting taken care of.

Today is a busy day, as I was gone all day long. Cleaning house, doing laundry, and baking some cookies (and getting paid for them! :drinker: ) The wife of my refridgerator repairman wants some Mexican wedding cake cookies. I had given her hubby some oatmeal cranraisin cookies the last time he came to fix the fridge and she was hooked.