Diet/Exercise beginner

Options
Hey everyone, I'm pretty new to dieting and exercising so if you have any advice let me know. I'm so tired of hearing different things like "you have to eat 5 or 6 small meals a day" or "eat as many fruits and vegetables as possible." I'd like to hear some original advice or anything that's worked for you. thanks:)

Replies

• choshii
    choshii Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Actually...about the 5 small meals:
    http://www.thatsfit.com/2010/10/11/three-meals-vs-several-small-ones-which-is-best/

And I agree, I don't have time for 5 meals anymore, and 3 meals works out for me.

What's worked for me? The MFP application on my phone, and 5 days a week of exercises. I also look at various fitness and healthy eating blogs/websites to keep the motivation going (as well as rewarding myself with new fitness gear). I've also been cooking at home much more often and that's helped me A LOT.

I also post pictures of the meals I've cooked on facebook or twitter, somehow, it motivates me to cook more often :).
  • stella77
    stella77 Posts: 282
    Options
    Oh, I like the idea of rewarding yourself with new fitness gear!

Good tip.
  • cnp8942
    cnp8942 Posts: 37
    Options
    I agree, I really like the idea of rewarding yourself. And with my busy schedule of college and work, I don't have time to eat that many meals either. I'd like to start cooking my own meals too but I'm not sure how it'll work out. I started doing the Zumba DVDs 4-5 days a week too so I'm hoping that'll help a lot. thank you:)