One month in...again

Options
Hi, I have been on an off myfitnesspal for the last year or so. I have my third child in March and gained 30lbs, but that was on top of the 20lbs that I failed to lose after the first two kids -- so I am about 35lbs heavier than I would like to be. I have been back on now for a little over a month and while I am watching what I eat and working out 4 - 5 times a week pretty intensively, I have seen very little results. I lost 8lbs quickly because that was just from being sedentary and not caring about what I eat -- but that was in the first two weeks and now, nothing. I haven't been taking measurements, but I know that I am definitely less "giggly," and people have commented that I look better...but I really haven't seen the results I would like. Has this been happening for anything else? I don't have any intention of quitting - but I guess I just want to see if anyone else experienced this in their first two months and when (if at all) did the weight start coming off faster?

Thanks!

Replies

• BrooklynnAK
    BrooklynnAK Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I find I have to change things up a lot because often times I find myself in "slumps" where the number on the scale isn't moving, but I can tell my clothes are fitting better & I'm losing inches. It just goes to prove that it's working & the scale isn't everything! Feel free to add me as a friend for motivation & support! I'm on here daily! =)
  • jlp100
    jlp100 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi there.

Feel free to add me if you would like some support.

Don't be too downhearted. If you lose weight too quickly then you will end up with flappy skin - so slowly and steady is the way to go :).

Just stick at it. Little changes make a big difference. Have you thought about getting a heart rate monitor for when you exercise (even if you are walking). You will be able to see the calories you burn and add it to your MFP diary and it can be motivating too.

Good luck! :drinker: