Am I Being A Cu - insert 'n' here - t????

So.... I am on my way to making a healthy lifestyle for myself and I want my husband to join me but he won't. I don't want to sit on the couch and watch tv all day and night. I want to go for walks and go workout at the gym with the love of my life. I am hoping he will change his mind later down the road after I have gotten to my goal weight (150lbs and I am 5'2") but I can't count on that. I have also learned that you can't change people. I am afraid if I keep going forward with my weight loss journey we will slowly go our separate ways.... am I being a c**t for feeling this way??? He is not fat and I will always be physically attracted to him... but when I ask him to go to the gym he doesn't want to... he says going to the gym after working is the last thing he wants to do. He has a pretty physical job (a welder).

All advice appreciated..... and yes I made a fake account to post this because I am embarrassed with myself for feeling this way.

Replies

• _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    He is not fat and I will always be physically attracted to him...
    He has a pretty physical job

??????????
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    So you are saying that you may have interests that are your own and that is an aspect of your life that you have all to yourself, your husband not included?

sSgIVC1.jpg
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Whatever you do, make sure you presume what's going to happen and worry about it for months and months before it actually comes to pass (and likely doesn't turn out that way). Because what man doesn't love a good drama?
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Wow.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Needy, yes.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    So you are saying that you may have interests that are your own and that is an aspect of your life that you have all to yourself, your husband not included?

sSgIVC1.jpg

^This. :laugh: If the problem is that you want a workout buddy, go find one. Your husband doesn't want to fill that roll, and that's okay.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    pretty much
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    enjoy your me time and let him have his him time. Welding is a pretty demanding job, and could understand why after 8 hours of sweating he wouldnt want to sweat some more.

Keep going though and maybe he'll eventually come around. Be a shame to lose a loving relationship just because he likes to play something different than you.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member

sSgIVC1.jpg

^This. :laugh: If the problem is that you want a workout buddy, go find one. Your husband doesn't want to fill that roll, and that's okay.

^^This answer is SPOT ON! My hubby also has a physical job and doesnt' care to work out. So I do it alone or with some friends, I don't need him to hold my hand!
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    My answer to your question would be "yes".
  • Love that word in a title. Just love it.

FBLTGgg.gif
  • just_Jennie1
    just_Jennie1 Posts: 1,233
    Soooooo go to the gym and workout on your own. Why is that so hard?
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,173 Member
    Great first post

giphy.gif
  • iamanadult
    iamanadult Posts: 709 Member
    I'm having a similar issue with my boyfriend. I love shoes and spend a lot of time either looking at my shoes or looking for new shoes.

He shows no interest in this whatsoever. It's like we're two different people.
  • why does he have to go? If you're doing it for you, then do it for you and let him relax after a hard day of work. If he ever decides to go, let it be his decision, because he wants to....
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Ifyouhad to make a fake account just to post this because you are embarrassed then you have some serious issue my friend. Sounds like you need some help. :grumble:
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Whatever you do, make sure you presume what's going to happen and worry about it for months and months before it actually comes to pass (and likely doesn't turn out that way). Because what man doesn't love a good drama?

This...a hundred times this.
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    why does he have to go? If you're doing it for you, then do it for you and let him relax after a hard day of work. If he ever decides to go, let it be his decision, because he wants to....

She is right.Its like him forcing you to have some weird intercouse (dont want a strike, lol).
  • stepheatscake
    stepheatscake Posts: 167 Member
    Let your results speak for themselves. I'm always trying to beg my brothers to join me but they have physical jobs so I've stopped the nagging. Find another girl to go with and let him do his thing.

Better yet, why not just go by yourself for awhile and enjoy the "you time". You don't always need someone there. Go enjoy it.
  • nena49659
    nena49659 Posts: 260 Member
    Despise that word.

Find a workout buddy. They may be our best friend but that doesn't mean we can't have other friends.
This discussion has been closed.