22 Female looking to lose 10-15lbs

Options
Hello!

I'm Trish, or trizzle :). I'm 5'4, a regular runner, and I'm looking to lose some weight here. I think my biggest problem is that
I do work out but I do so lightly. Also I eat pretty poorly so I'm looking forward to the calorie tracker on here to help me out.

I love running, and I'm really trying to slim down my arms at this point.

I'm really looking for some support,and to give support in turn.

:D

Replies

• AdrianBry
    AdrianBry Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    in you're in that last 10-15 range then you'll have to amp things up. think more intervals.

you can still do your light runs but do them on your rest days.

if you need more info on intervals or some workouts just let me know
  • The0Trizzle
    The0Trizzle Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    More Intervals? Like sets, low weight rapid movement kind of thing?
  • stepheatscake
    stepheatscake Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    You should totally try Insanity by Shaun T. God you'll love it and it'll get you those last results… do it!
  • jlp100
    jlp100 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) I'm not a runner (can't run to the corner) but if you'd like some support.

I don't know if you have a HRM but I would recommend a Polar heart rate monitor - they show you your different targets & zones. They can be a bit pricey but it would seem as a runner it would be able to tell you where you need to work harder & vice versa.

Good luck.
  • AdrianBry
    AdrianBry Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    refer to nowloss.com/8 but yes...

stuff like insanity or tae-bo that takes it to the next level or basically workouts where you don't carry on an intellignet conversation with a friend.

An interval is basically like running all out or even sprinting as fast as you can as if a serial killer was after you for 10-to-45 seconds followed by a 10-to-90 second rest period repeating that over & over for at least 10 minutes but i get the impression you're able to handle at least 15 mintues
  • The0Trizzle
    The0Trizzle Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've done insanity before and I highly suggest it as well, but its hard to keep up with for me at least. I'll try giving it a shot again tho,
    and I normally just do distance but if you suggest sprints so highly I'll have to start working them into my routine as well :)

I keep meaning to pick up an HRM and I think with this new start I'll go shopping since they seem to be worth the investment.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I eat pretty poorly so I'm looking forward to the calorie tracker on here to help me out.

Even though I had times I thought I was eating healthy, it wasn't until I started tracking calories that I REALLY got a clear picture of what I was putting in my body. It helps you understand specifically how to lose weight.

All the best!