Need support

Options
I'm a 40 year old mother of 4 actually 8 including my husband's children. I'm 5' 3" and 174lbs. I love to snack, I love to eat, I love to splurge on junk food, seafood and especially bread. My children are thin and my husband is thin and I walk around looking like I'm 4 months pregnant. I'm new to MFP but I'd really like to meet people who can be supportive. IMy goal is to lose 40 lbs by this time next year. I've tried everything to lose weight but when you don't have the support you need, it's pretty easy to go back to piling that plate.

Replies

• jlp100
    jlp100 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.

We are of similar height and weight and I love my munchies and carbs too.

If you are serious about losing weight try and stick with the calorie counting and thinking of making a few changes in your food habits as opposed to 'dieting'. That should make for losing a few pounds and making you feel a bit better.

I have been a bad binge eater in the past but I've found that writing a paper journal (not calorie counting that's what mfp is for) helps. I write the date - maybe the effort I have made, how you are feeling, what you want to achieve and mini goals and seeing it in front of you and adding to your goals is quite inspiring to be good too. You will see as you make more effort you feel a lot better about yourself. I've got a bad photo in mine and a lil pic of how I'd like to look (not too unrealistic - I'll never be model thin).

Good luck, and as I say feel free to add me. :bigsmile:
  • jemily47
    jemily47 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello,

well I am 5'11 and I have about 80 lbs to lose...but I am here for support! I too have a serious love of bread...breading...pretty much anything beige ha ha... I just into week two and feel good, but I have already had a fall off the wagon for a few days, clearly I am in need of someone to kick my butt once and a while too!

If there is anything I can do let me know and feel free to add me!

*I have also been thinking about starting a hand written journal (havent had one since I was a ttenager) but I think it might help to reflect on whats going on in your life and head while trying to make all these changes.

All the best!
  • missionimposs
    missionimposs Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 5 ft you can add me ,I too love to eat chocolate is my downfall and I also have a very sweet tooth . I am not dieting but am trying very hard to change my life style to eat better food for my body and losing weight while I do this is a great !!!
  • shad1018
    shad1018 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Welcome Vickie, I am her to encourage and cheer you on, send me a friend request if you want to. I log my food and activity every day, it really helps keep you on plan. Like another poster shared... Don't think of your self on a diet but making healthier choices. Over time, your healthy choices become habits and the pounds come off Nd you feel better.

I still love food, especially sweets but counting calories every day really drives me to make better choices.

Susan