Hi!

Options
I am new to the site. 39 year old female. I live in Minnesota. Over weight and in not great health. I have over hundred pounds to lose.

I would love some support and friends. I have very aggressive goals and will work to make them happen. I plan on getting fit as well as losing weight. Will use my phone app a lot.

Thanks,

Sky

Replies

• jlp100
    jlp100 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be able to do this without the app on the iphone! It's great with the bar scan tool too.

Feel free to add me :bigsmile:
  • prat27
    prat27 Posts: 73
    Options
    welcome. Please add me. Support is what it is all about...and yes the app on the phone It is a must!!
  • Hiker_Rob
    Hiker_Rob Posts: 5,547 Member
    Options
    Hi Sky, all the best with your endeavors here! Feel free to add me as a friend, as I tell others, I am not a hardline motivator, more of a laid back lifestyle changer. By the end of my long term goals I will be down by 100lbs too.
  • Chevymomma1226
    Options
    hi
  • Andy_83
    Andy_83 Posts: 270
    Options
    Hiya, must admit couldn't get on with the phone app but have found mfp great, once you get into a rhythm of logging regularly you start to feel really good, especially on the exercise side as you can see yourself improving.
  • kathykatkitty
    kathykatkitty Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Feel free to add me if you like. :)

-Kathy
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,837 Member
    Options
    It is good to have aggressive goals, but make sure to understand that your journey might not be a simple linear path of dropping weight each week. There will be ups and downs. As long as you continue to make the best choices for eating and exercise more often than not, you will keep moving forward. Even when the scale doesn't budge.
  • StrongLife
    StrongLife Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    You can do this. I'm a Minnesotan too. Best advice I can offer is to get into the exercise habit before Winter hits. Really hard starting up when it gets cold.
  • Sarahnade42x
    Sarahnade42x Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Hey Sky! I'm Minnesotan too :) The MFP phone app is definitely a great resource, esp. for logging calories and exercise throughout the day. Best of luck to you, I know you can do it!
  • xxmarysmxx
    xxmarysmxx Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Hi...will send request
  • Layla76
    Layla76 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi there :) Im not new here but I am just getting back into logging my food. Had some life struggles that got in my way and off track. Glad to be back at it now and looking for some great new friends and support myself. Sending a friend request! And please, anyone else please feel free to add me. Ive got about 85 more lbs to lose and I am determined to get there!!!
  • nic_ci
    nic_ci Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me...
  • cdahl383
    cdahl383 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck with your goals!