10 weeks..... can i do it?

Options
i have since jan 12 lost 46lb i wiegh 224lb, 5ft 7in, been going to the gym 3 x weeks since june although to be honest have not pushed myself.. In 10 weeks time i am getting my wedding vows blessed in the seychelles, i have the dress i can get it on and zipped up however just need a little breathing room in it. Today i have an appointment with a personal trainer i have told him what i want and how long i have to achieve it.....do you think that following his programme 3x week (which will be really switching up a gear) i can do enough to make a differance, obviously i will still be following mfp eating programme, many thanks Carolyn

Replies

• Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    Well, i dont know wht his plan is, but no matter how much you exercise.. if you are still shoving calories down your neck, you wont lose!

Keep watching your calories, and any increased workout is deffo going to change your body, so i can say that you will have plenty of time.

Way to go with your weight loss so far! thats impressive!!
  • thisisjl
    thisisjl Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    If you really put your heart into it you can do wonders in that time. I personally started at 223 on June 22 I weighed in at 216 on August 7 and I had lost 4 1/2 inches in my waist and 1.75 inches in my hips. All total I lost 9 inches. I worked out with a personal trainer once a week and worked out alone 3-4 times a week 40-60 minutes. Good luck!
  • cairoqueen27
    cairoqueen27 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi there, gazzasgirl just came back to this site after a long absence - looking for inspiration. I saw your profile and would like to say well done on keeping to your plan so far.:smile:
    It helps if you change the "CAN I do it?" to a self affirming "I WILL do it!" say it out loud to yourself. It may feel crazy but I feel that it helps me to get motivated.
    Hope you get into that dress and have a lovely blessing ceremony.:heart:
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    No one can possibly give you an answer to such a vague question.

Can you make progress in 10 weeks, sure. How much progress is it that you're asking about here? Breathing room in a dress isn't very explanatory.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Maybe?
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    i-dont-know-300x300.jpg
  • michellechawner
    Options
    1. How much do you want to lose?
    2. What are your calories like every day?
    3. How much are you burning with your new workout plan?
    4. What size are you now? what size is the dress you want to wear in 10 weeks?
    5. Can't help without necessary info - "breathing room" doesn't mean crap, and I'm glad you lose 46 so far, that is a great accomplishment, but it doesn't give any of us the bigger picture of the dress you are trying to squeeze into.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Anything is possible
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Of course it should make a difference. 10 weeks should = around 10 pounds. 20 if you really push it and have quite a bit left to lose. That is around a full dress size. Eat right and workouts are optional. Working out will just give you more that you are allowed to eat.

Whether you WILL do it or not is up to you.