PCOS and Weight Gain-Help!

Hey Guys!

My whole life i have never had a problem with weight...in fact I've always been UNDER weight. A few months ago I was diagnosed with PCOS and since June my weight gain has average about 1-2 pounds gained a week. I've tried everything. I cut out carbs...sugars.. eat tons of Fresh Veggies and Drink LOTS of water ad yet Every week i get on that scale and it climbs and climbs. I don't know what to do anymore and feeling really down. Does anyone else have this problem? What can i do??

Replies

• I have been diagnosed with PCOS an i didn't have problem with loosing weight t first. I was actually anorexic but once i started recovering cravings got so bad due to PCOS that i developed compulsive overeating but what helped me is cutting out sugar and processed stuff and simple carbs. i don't have any other ideas, try counting calories here.
  • I was diagnosed in my early 20s and went through the same thing. I guess a lot of people with PCOS go through this. It took me about a year but after that I was back to my pre-PCOS weight. It takes a lot of effort. When I was struggling with the increased weight gain despite my healthy lifestyle I found myself suffering from severe depression. Find someone to talk to about it and vent your frustration or it will build up and be one of the biggest obstacles you'll have. Endos have come a long way since I was diagnosed 10 years ago, they can give you some good help and advice on how to maintain and deal with the life of PCOS.