death in the family.

Options
My grandmother passed away this past Friday and the week before she was in the hospital after a massive stroke in a coma. I've been away for a week and a half in Kentucky with no internet and no way to exercise and no choice in a lot of what I ate - mostly fattening food and stuff - I'm so scared to weight in - I also eat when I'm sad so ... I KNOW it's going to be bad news. Lots of stress eating went on the whole time and lots of fast food from being on the road - oi... all unexpected stuff so we didn't pack anything and I was totally just sitting around most of the time. Ugh. :cry:

Replies

• bellmom627
    bellmom627 Posts: 195
    Options
    My grandmother passed away this past Friday and the week before she was in the hospital after a massive stroke in a coma. I've been away for a week and a half in Kentucky with no internet and no way to exercise and no choice in a lot of what I ate - mostly fattening food and stuff - I'm so scared to weight in - I also eat when I'm sad so ... I KNOW it's going to be bad news. Lots of stress eating went on the whole time and lots of fast food from being on the road - oi... all unexpected stuff so we didn't pack anything and I was totally just sitting around most of the time. Ugh. :cry:
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss.
    :heart:
  • brownewell94
    brownewell94 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your grandmother. Stress has a way of making us eat. Just pick up and start over. I have the same problem when my grandfather died. I'm sure your grandmother would be proud to see you've continued.

Hope it goes well.
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your grandma. :flowerforyou:
    So today is a new day and you can start all over, if you're scared to weigh in don't, eat right for a week and then weigh yourself. Get some extra exercise in, it helps with depression and the blues....and it won't hurt with the weight loss either.
    I wish you success and a few prayers will come your way :smooched:
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    So very sorry on the loss of your grandmother. Give yourself time.
    It will get better. Keep close to your family.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your loss:flowerforyou:
    Times like these will happen when our diet can't be the most important thing on our minds. Just ease right back in and treat yesturday as yesturday and tomorrow is a new beginning.

-Adrienne:heart:
  • christina31
    christina31 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    FIrst, I am very sorry for your loss. I recently went through the same thing and I also found myself comfort eating. My advice to you is to wait a few days to get back on track before weighing in. You are already upset with yourself and upset over your loss, no need to add the weight gain to that. Hang in there! It will get better!:flowerforyou:

:heart: Christina
  • fateschild
    fateschild Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your loss.

I went though this recently as well. I completely understand since my fiance's Mom was in a coma in a hospital 100 miles from home. So we ate at Jack-the-Box so much that I really hated any fast food for days.

All I can say is get back on track as much as you can, but be understanding of the occasion need for comfort food.
  • AbbyIsWangsterful
    AbbyIsWangsterful Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Same with me. My grandma had a stroke and was taken off of life support. Was she a Christian? If so, rejoice! She's with God! Be happy for her! I'm sorry about your loss though and I will keep you in my prayers (: :flowerforyou:
    74156.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter