Best Protein Supp Mixed With Water

Options
Hello,

I want an easy way to get some extra protein and extra water in my diet. I am currently lacking both. I am wondering what the best protein supp to mix with just water would be??? Does that exist? or do I gotta stick with the old yogurt, fruit smoothie kinda protein shake.

Replies

• daphneC94
    Options
    I have to order it online from bodybuidling.com because i live in canada and i cant find it in stores. But UMP protein powder in cookies and cream is soooooo damn good. i tastes straight up like an oreo blizzard or something straight up that stuff is delicious. next time i order it i am going to buy two, and try chocolate as well.

Besides that, there are many options out there. Just do some research
  • tamadrummer001
    tamadrummer001 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for excellent taste and not too awfully worried about carbs. Syntha 6 protein is unreal! Its like 22g protein and 8 or 10 grams of carbs. Yes it is a primary protein source but OMG OMG OMG it literally tastes like a chocolate milk or a milkshake.

Personally I stay away from all flavors but chocolate and if desperate vanilla, I have not had another flavor that I ever want again and sure don't want 2# or 5# of any other flavors. I have found that chocolate peanutbutter is horrible just about every dang time.

Stick with traditional chocolate flavors at first until you get used to it and then experiment to find a specialty.
  • Tessyloowhoo
    Options
    I would say 90% of protein powders are designed to be mixed with water or with milk... so just mix whatever one you like with water
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    BarbaraCarr1981 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I need it to be low carb cause im T1 diabetic.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    I use Optimum Nutrition Gold and mix it with almond milk. It's low carb and tastes good to me.

I think you should treat water consumption and meeting your protein requirements as separate issues. If you're not getting enough water - Drink more water. Eat high protein food or add a protein supplement if you're not getting enough protein.
  • I use the Lean Fit vanilla flavored whey protein powder and adore the taste! I usually mix it with a little water, a few ice cubes and a frozen banana - the perfect banana shake with a hint of vanilla :smile:

I'm pretty sure you could just mix it with water though if you prefer!

Plus, there's only 2 g of carbs and 25 g of protein for one scoop! I get mine at Costco in a gigantic tub
  • queenjane1023
    queenjane1023 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I use Jay Robb Whey protein in either tropical dreamsicle or strawberry with 2 cups of straight water. 1 carb and 0 sugar. It's not amazing tasting but not horrible or chalky like others I've tried.
  • healthyashleyyy
    healthyashleyyy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    cellucor PB marshmallow with almond milk, heavennnnnnnn.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    I use Dymatize Iso 100 whey protein isolate in "gourmet chocolate." 106 Calories, 24 g of protein, 1 g of carb, 50 mg of sodium, 6% calcium; all other stats are 0 or n/a. It blends well with water and tastes pretty good. Dymatize offers some other options as well, such as a "meal replacement" gourmet option and a casein option. Not sure what the figures on that are.
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    Options
    Thanks!!!
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Optimum 100% Gold Standard Whey and BSN Syntha-6 are both really good with water.
  • stepplax
    Options
    I love ON's Gold Standard in double rich chocolate with water. 3g carbs per serving though.
  • srogers89
    srogers89 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I buy Bulk Nutrients Whey Isolate the chocolate and vanilla are great with water. Choc Mint is ok but not so great after a few weeks of having it!
  • mamali54
    Options
    I use "Factor-4 weight Control." I love it with just water! It only comes in one flavor. www.factor4weightcontrol.com
  • AdrianBry
    AdrianBry Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    opt. nutrtition whey cookies and cream
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I like Protein powder by Body Fortress Chocolate Peanut Butter and Body Fortress Cookies N Cream I get it at Walmart for $16.00.
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    Options
    I like Protein powder by Body Fortress Chocolate Peanut Butter and Body Fortress Cookies N Cream I get it at Walmart for $16.00.

What the protein and carb amount in these? Do u just mix with water and it's good?
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    Can I hop on board to ask a weird question?
    I can't stand the taste of the sweet protein powders (and I'm a freak who doesn't like milkshakes..)

I got some whey protein (http://www.myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/essential-whey-60/10530747.html) in 'unflavoured' because I foolishly thought 'unflavoured' would mean 'without flavour' rather than 'oh-my-goodness-how-am-I-going-to-choke-down-this-powderedmilk/souringmilk-ghastliness".. As a non-milkshake-drinking weirdo, I thought I could mix it with my greek yogurt/cinnamon/bran flakes for breakfast.. but the flavour comes through loud and clear (and for a good hour or two afterwards, ifyouknowwhatimean..).

Other than chuck the lot away, any ideas for making it palatable?
    or any recommendations for weirdos like me? :)

thanks!
  • queenjane1023
    queenjane1023 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Can I hop on board to ask a weird question?
    I can't stand the taste of the sweet protein powders (and I'm a freak who doesn't like milkshakes..)

I got some whey protein (http://www.myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/essential-whey-60/10530747.html) in 'unflavoured' because I foolishly thought 'unflavoured' would mean 'without flavour' rather than 'oh-my-goodness-how-am-I-going-to-choke-down-this-powderedmilk/souringmilk-ghastliness".. As a non-milkshake-drinking weirdo, I thought I could mix it with my greek yogurt/cinnamon/bran flakes for breakfast.. but the flavour comes through loud and clear (and for a good hour or two afterwards, ifyouknowwhatimean..).

Other than chuck the lot away, any ideas for making it palatable?
    or any recommendations for weirdos like me? :)

thanks!

If you google "recipes using protein powder" you will find a whole whack of ideas. Pancakes, muffins etc

For starters, http://www.livestrong.com/slideshow/556857-20-delicious-protein-powder-recipes-that-are-not-shakes/