leftovers: warm up or no?

Options
kirkor
kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
I eat a lot of leftovers, and typically I eat them cold. Seems I never can be bothered to reheat them. :)
Any difference in satiety re: warm or cold food?

Replies

• JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    It really must depend on what the left over is. There are many things I wouldn't eat cold, but leftover pizza or Chinese are fine cold. It's a preference thing.
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    One of the best things in the world is leftover, cold fried chicken...
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I will eat anything cold. Love cold fried chicken and pizza! It doesn't seem to matter for me when it comes to satiety except that I get to shove it down my cake-hole sooner than I would have if I had to reheat it.

Eta: Wasn't always a cold food eater. This was a side effect of having a newborn/kid that wanted to be up partying so I had to eat quickly all the time.
  • jlp100
    jlp100 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I prefer stuff warmed up - but would depend on how old it is too. I do like cold curry n fried rice. I'm a bit weird ha ha. If you are reheating rice add a lil teaspoon of water to stop it from hardening up.

Aw maaan! Hungry now :noway:
  • Elliesque
    Elliesque Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I think most food tastes better warmed up, imo. But, one exception is pizza - it's still pretty good even when cold.
  • kirkor
    Options
    found this but not sure how to interpret it:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1642694/?tool=pubmed
  • kewpiecyster
    kewpiecyster Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Oh - I have to eat food warmed-up - I guess I am a bit of a snob about it...LOL. My hubby will eat just about any leftover cold...and tells me "I don't have the hang-up about it like you do". LOL.
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    The glycemic index of some foods is different if the foods are hot vs. cold (hot baked potato higher than cold baked potato is the one that comes to mind). If that affected insulin it might have an affect later on. Seems a bit of a stretch that it would make a whole lot of difference though for most meals.
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    some things taste better hot rather than cold.

cheese melted seems to taste yummier than a cold hard blob.
  • kirkor
    Options
    some things taste better hot rather than cold.

cheese melted seems to taste yummier than a cold hard blob.

makes me think of leftover stew, where the fat has congealed into those hard white chunks -- eyeeywwww!!!
  • hulmingbird
    hulmingbird Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I love pizza cold, and battered halibut fish... mm

Otherwise most of my leftovers have to be warmed up. Eating some cold just turns me off