Sugar

I am supposed to eat 25 g of sugar or less per day. I usually eat 2-3 times this amount per day. Does anybody have tips on cutting sugar intake?

Replies

• Binkie1955
    Binkie1955 Posts: 329 Member
    sure don't eat it at all under any circumstances. use truvia.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    sure don't eat it at all under any circumstances. use truvia.

Yup, veggies and fruits are terrible
  • eblakes93
    eblakes93 Posts: 372 Member
    Are you using this based off of what the MFP calculator gave you, or do you have a medical condition/your doctor told you to not eat that much sugar?

Are you getting your sugar from fruits or sweets and treats?
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Out of curiosity, why are you supposed to be eating less than 25g of sugar a day?
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    I am supposed to eat 25 g of sugar or less per day. I usually eat 2-3 times this amount per day. Does anybody have tips on cutting sugar intake?

If you're logging your food, have a look at where all the sugar is coming from and then you can make some choices.

Do you eat lots of processed foods? Drinks? That's where you could slash your sugar intake.
  • You are supposed to eat less than 25 grams of ADDED sugar per day. I subtract my natural occurring sugar grams and try to keep my added sugar to 25 grams or less. Of course if there is a health issue (i.e. diabetes) then you have to worry about natural sugar as well. Remember, many vegies and fruits (and things we think are vegies but are really fruits) have a high natural sugar content. My nighttime snack is dependent on how much added sugar I have left for the day. If I have little to none then my snack is cut up fresh vegies which have natural sugar as opposed to a sweet treat with added sugar.
  • I go WAY over mine. 25 IMO is to low, it will be very hard to stay under, almost anything you will have will almost make you go over. Fruits and vegetables are not anything to avoid because of sugar. Try to stay away from processed sugar like candybars or icecream ect..
  • I'm on a no-sugar diet for my adrenals... I don't eat ANY added sugar, I don't eat any sauces or foods with sugar (or fructose) as an ingredient -- I even avoid ALL hi-glycemic fruits and vegetables!

It is crazy that I'm over the MFP sugar allowance every day.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    I'm on a no-sugar diet for my adrenals... I don't eat ANY added sugar, I don't eat any sauces or foods with sugar (or fructose) as an ingredient -- I even avoid ALL hi-glycemic fruits and vegetables!

It is crazy that I'm over the MFP sugar allowance every day.

So what is putting you over - fruit that isn't high glycemic ?