Wii Fit plus

Options
Hello,

I've been using the wii fit plus on and off for a couple of weeks and wanted to find out whether any one has had success with relying on this as their exercise? Or if anyone could recommend the best way to make the most efficient use out of it. I've got the Wii fit plus game as well as the biggest loser one.

Also yes I know I need to be more consistent with using it but when I can't I do boost my walking and overall steps.

Replies

• laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I lost my first 2 stone purely using my wii fit for exercise. I did the free step on it mainly. I'd had it for around 3 years before I started using it properly.
  • Doraboyes
    Doraboyes Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I do the free step and I've lost almost 40lbs
  • MeRoHa
    MeRoHa Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have the Wii Fit Plus and the Wii EA Sports Active. When I first got the Wii Fit as a gift a few years ago. I used it a lot and found it helpful. I really like the EA Sports Active more because you can select your favorite exercises to set up a routine. I have a mix of boxing, and baseball hit/throw/catch set up as a routine. I recently have been really into the Just Dance Wii.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    It's a game that gets you moving a bit. Your diet will play a far bigger role in your weight loss than stepping off and on the Wii balance board. There are some good exercise games for the Wii that will give you a real workout. EA Sports Active and Gold's Gym Cardio Boxing are good ones.
  • aishaalemdar3
    Options
    How long roughly do you do/did you do the free step for each day? (Dora and lainey)
  • aishaalemdar3
    Options
    I do the free step and I've lost almost 40lbs

How long for? if you don't mind me asking
  • aishaalemdar3
    Options
    I lost my first 2 stone purely using my wii fit for exercise. I did the free step on it mainly. I'd had it for around 3 years before I started using it properly.

Yeah I know what you mean, I had it for a while too.. But I do it almost every other day now. How much time did you commit to the free step? And was it just that or did you do a little routine too?
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options

Yeah I know what you mean, I had it for a while too.. But I do it almost every other day now. How much time did you commit to the free step? And was it just that or did you do a little routine too?

I usually did around 30 mins a day whilst watching tv. I didn't really do much else on there other than cut my calories too.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    It's a game that gets you moving a bit. Your diet will play a far bigger role in your weight loss than stepping off and on the Wii balance board. There are some good exercise games for the Wii that will give you a real workout. EA Sports Active and Gold's Gym Cardio Boxing are good ones.
    Yes, I have a Wii Fit and enjoyed using it, especially at the start of my journey. Golds Gym Cardio Boxing was/is my favourite workout game and it prepared my for real life kickboxing classes, as I already knew the basic moves when I started. Highly recommended.
  • Doraboyes
    Doraboyes Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I did it for 30 -45 minutes a day that and walking my dogs