Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Size 18!

dgroulx
dgroulx Posts: 159 Member
edited 12:19AM in Success Stories
I went to Dillards to shop for a new outfit and was suprised that I fit into a size 18. I was wearing a 24 when I started. At work, I wear scrubs with a drawstring waist, so I didn't notice the size difference. When I'm off, I wear baggy gym shorts around home.

Sooo, I got home from Dillards, went to my closet and pulled out my favorite jeans that I have not been able to wear. And, they fit!

To top it all off, I just hit 30 pounds lost this week. I'm very happy.

Replies

• silver12176
    silver12176 Posts: 70 Member
    Wow that is great. Keep it up..
  • madeeley
    madeeley Posts: 8 Member
    Congratulations! I just hit 10lbs lost, and when I went shopping discovered that a size that I barely used to fit into is now too big. Hooray!
  • SWEET!!! Congrats!! :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • ekmcmc
    ekmcmc Posts: 1 Member
    That's awesome news! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • hessond
    hessond Posts: 224 Member
    Congratulations!! Awesome job!!
  • mikkimomof3
    mikkimomof3 Posts: 224 Member
    That is so wonderful!! Congrats on your success and keep it up! :)
  • Alyshe
    Alyshe Posts: 509 Member
    Great job, I knew you could do it. Congrats.:drinker: you've came along way. I told you you could do it. I'm so proud of you. Keep up the hard work. your doing great chica :happy:
  • jbootman
    jbootman Posts: 145 Member
    and you were so down the other day, see you are getting slimmer

I think remembering the great feeling of the new you will create new neural pathways and hopefully your joy will be this rather than the food-pleasure pathways of old, this is what I am going to postulate, I have to have a way out of this food addiction,

we are so proud of you, what a thrill to fit into a smaller size,

congratulations on 30 pounds, just 20 was wonderful for me, less knee pain, actually feeling bones, skin not taut to bursting,

wow 30 pounds, wow
  • mykaar74
    mykaar74 Posts: 253
    great job
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    YAY for rediscovering your old wardrobe!!! It's like having a whole new set of clothes without ever having to shop. I'm so glad I didn't throw out any of my "skinny" clothes. There is always that ONE pair of jeans that you just can't wait to get back into!
  • AEROBICVIC
    AEROBICVIC Posts: 159 Member
    that's sooo exciting! keep up the great work!
  • Great going!!! That is a super wonderful feeling!!!
  • PamelaHoneyHuggy
    PamelaHoneyHuggy Posts: 37 Member
    That is wonderful.Kudos!!! I so know how great that feels!!!
  • nzcate
    nzcate Posts: 6 Member
    That is wonderful - congratulations!
  • Beebee78
    Beebee78 Posts: 703
    Fantastic - well done xxx
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    This is so awesome! It must have felt AMAZING! Great job :)

Charmagne
  • WTG! Dropping sizes, shopping in your own closet & wearing things you haven't worn for so long is SO gratifying! Good work!
  • lulu_beans
    lulu_beans Posts: 100 Member
    WOW!!! Just WOW!!! These are the stories that bring tears to my eyes! Keep at it, and I wish you the best of luck on your journey!!!
  • Congrats!!! I love closet shopping for my old fav clothes :)
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Way to go! I'm going to be closet shopping this weekend too!
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!