Clothes shopping at the mall

Options
So you head to the mall and you enter a store that has the cutest clothes, only to find out that they don't carry your size. This has probably happened to most of us on MFP. So now that we are losing weight and our clothes are becoming looser, it's time to shop for some new clothes. The question is, what store are you most excited to shop at?

Replies

• flashfangirl_102
    flashfangirl_102 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I will go to american eagle and be a size 6 so god help me !! haha
  • Sphyk1
    Sphyk1 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Oh. American Eagle would be great :) and some small 501 levi's !!
  • rnctipton
    rnctipton Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Deb!
  • shadowharuka
    shadowharuka Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I was shocked when I got into size 8 jeans at American Eagle :)
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Michael Kors, Banana Republic, DKNY, BCBG, etc.
  • VelvetMorning
    VelvetMorning Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I went from a size 15 to a size 0. You know what really sucks? They didn't carry pants "that big" for me before, and they don't carry pants "that small" for me now (most of the time.)
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I will go to american eagle and be a size 6 so god help me !! haha

This time last year, I thought that would be impossible for me.

I just bought size 6 jeans and a size small top there last week. You'll get there too!!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be able to shop at American Eagle and Lululemon. #achievementunlocked
  • amandatapar
    amandatapar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I was excited to go into Express and get some jeans. I wear a 10 in most jeans and I need to replace my work khaki's. I get my khakis from Old navy online. I have a size 10 currently but they are too big even with a belt, so I need a 8. My dress pants for church are a size 8 as well. I wear a Medium shirt too. I was able to get a Medium sized Hollister hoodie a few weeks ago and it fits great.
  • bridgew24
    bridgew24 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Here in Australia I am actually too small for most clothes. I'm about an American 2. -_- So come shop here! haha Check out Sportsgirl? (I'm an xxs in their sizing!)
  • Sarahnade42x
    Sarahnade42x Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I have a $25 Forever 21 gift card that someone got me for Christmas a couple years ago. It's been hanging on my bulletin board since then and I can't wait to get rid of it!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be able to shop at American Eagle and Lululemon. #achievementunlocked

Yes!!
  • mbk830
    mbk830 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm thrilled I can buy tops and some dresses at the Loft and I can shop in Old Navy stores. I can't wait to buy pants in all misses sections.
  • aelphabawest
    aelphabawest Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    The stores I am most happy that I'm able to shop at post-my weight loss phase one are Anthropologie (not that I can afford it!) and Modcloth.
  • unluckyIrish
    unluckyIrish Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Modcloth!!!! Also express and the limited for business casual.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    This is funny, because I had been shopping at thrift stores for during my "journey" when I finally decided to hit the outlet mall and buy "real" clothes, I couldn't bring myself to spend the money. Ended up back at the thrift stores and was able to pretty much complete my work wardrobe with clothes from the same stores: Banana Republic, J. Crew. Ann Taylor, etc. Maybe I'll try again when I get my back pay.
  • sbrownallison
    sbrownallison Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I have a $25 Forever 21 gift card that someone got me for Christmas a couple years ago. It's been hanging on my bulletin board since then and I can't wait to get rid of it!

I hope the person with the gift card at Forever 21 finds that it has not expired. I shopped at this store a couple of months ago and found their policies for returning/exchanging were more stringent than I had ever encountered. So, hoping they are more charitable with their gift cards.

As to what stores to shop in, I am going to the thrifts as I'm tired of buying stuff and growing too small to wear them! Then, once I began shopping the thrifts, I decided that paying $15.20 for two pairs of used/lovingly broken-in jeans was a better deal than paying $80-100 for new ones. I'm hooked on the bargains.
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options

Hey, just wanted to make sure you knew Forever21 carries a wide variety of sizes. You may not need to "wait" to shop there.