low cal snack inspiration

Options
krv124
krv124 Posts: 22 Member
looking for a go-to must-have low cal snack. I'm heading to the store now and feel uninspired. :) What do you love to have on hand?
:wink:

Replies

• saychzzz
    saychzzz Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I love General Mills Sweet and Salty bars. I also keep fruit on hand all the time and Planters Nut-rition bars.
  • arsenal45
    arsenal45 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of the Quaker True Delights Vanilla Creme Brulee rice snacks. Little rice cakes with a tom of flavor. 60 cals per serving.
  • lovinyoutwo
    lovinyoutwo Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I use the special k bars
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    1) Bag of apples - granny smith are my favouites

but for a more "treat" kind of snack ;

2) Kellogs Fiber Plus Antioxidant Bars. They are all soooooooooo delicious! They print right on the box "better tasting than Fiber 1" and boy are they right!!!
  • pattybond1234
    pattybond1234 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Fresh fruit & vegetables, low fat yogurt, low fat string cheese, Quaker rice cakes (the chocolate flavor is a staple in my pantry!), Fiber One 90 calorie bars, and my one indulgence...low fat or low sugar ice cream. My favorite brands are Edy's Slow Churned and Skinny Cow.
  • deshaine
    deshaine Posts: 195
    Options
    Orville Reddenback rice cakes are yummo...

Oranges offer a boost of sweet and tangy.

HTH...
  • krv124
    krv124 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone!
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Freezer section - Vita Top muffins.
  • monibee
    monibee Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I always snack on Light String Cheese. It's good protein and it keeps you full longer. That or roasted almonds. Emerald makes the best roasted almonds!
  • arsenal45
    arsenal45 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Aldi has a low moisture string cheese from their Fit & Active line that's great. I love all their Fit & Active products!
  • jdigjudy
    Options
    I agree with the string cheese.
    Cherry (or grape) tomatoes also can be like candy (big container from Costco!).
    Soy Slender chocolate milk (soy - yeech - but this is actually pretty good! I normally hate soy stuff..).
    Those brownies in the pink box (mix) - you can make individual servings and are low-cal... spacing out on the name...
  • cupajoe
    cupajoe Posts: 155
    Options
    Diamond brand cocoa roast almonds
    Hummis with vegetables (celery and cauliflower are my fave)
    Wasa Rye crisps and Laughing Cow cheese wedges
    Triscuts
    Light String Cheese
    Clementine oranges
    Post honey nut shredded wheat...I'm addicted to this stuff-the vanilla almond is good too.