I cant stop eating!!!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• skadoosh33
    skadoosh33 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Wow, nice binge. I had one of those yesterday. Time to purge tomorrow with excessive cardio.
  • Reed286
    Reed286 Posts: 33
    Options
    Its not even like I want the ice cream or am hungry because im not..its more im bored or stressed about college the past couple days! Usually my snack at night is an apple or orange
  • LiminalAscendance
    LiminalAscendance Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I smell troll, but just in case...

You've lost 75 lbs. and you ask a bunch of strangers for help in not binging?

Why don't you just go back to doing what you were doing before this little episode?
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Yes you can. Invest in handcuffs.
  • Reed286
    Reed286 Posts: 33
    Options

Why don't you just go back to doing what you were doing before this little episode?

I asked for help because this is the first time ive had ice cream in a while and I couldnt stop eating it... I felt like I had no control
  • lfell6
    lfell6 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Wow, nice binge. I had one of those yesterday. Time to purge tomorrow with excessive cardio.

Time to purge?? hope that's just a bad choice of words
  • MuseofSong
    MuseofSong Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I think you'll be okay Reed; you already have the perspective you need.

I just made ~the choice~ to eat 5 ounces of HK Anderson's peanut butter pretzels, which were kick-butt awesome, when I only had enough calories left for 1.5 ounces. And now I'm making the choice to do two, 20 minute cardio workouts in one night.

It's all a system of choices. Just kick up your exercise for the days you overate and maybe cut back a little for the next few days to help balance your week.

It'll all be okay.
  • Ignaura
    Ignaura Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Do you have all that ice cream and sweets at your home? if so, then don't. It's easy to binge if you have your fridge full of sweet temptations.
  • Aim4skinnyjeans
    Aim4skinnyjeans Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    This used to happen to me all the time, it's a dip in your blood sugar. This is what you do....Buy 100% grape juice, not grape cocktail and drink 1-2oz of it when the cravings begin. The grape juice helps to level out your blood sugar and it stops the binge eating. Hope this helps!:drinker:
  • Code7526
    Options
    If you want to binge eat, binge eat on hard boiled eggs only. Have a tray of hard boiled eggs in the fridge and every time you feel like binge eating, binge eat on hard boiled eggs.
  • Tessyloowhoo
    Options
    If you want to binge eat, binge eat on hard boiled eggs only. Have a tray of hard boiled eggs in the fridge and every time you feel like binge eating, binge eat on hard boiled eggs.
    tumblr_mex5klkrnN1ravzlt.gif

How does that make any sense?
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Not him, but I would guess it's more difficult to eat 1000 calories of hard-boiled than 1000 calories of ice cream.
    cool-hand-luke.jpg
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I do good all day and then after dinner I go crazy!!! I cant control myself...

Ive went from 230 pounds to 155 since the beginning of the year and I feel amazing!! But for the last 3 days ive ate like crazy... just tonight ive had 2 cookie ice cream sandwiches (220 calories each) , 1 Klondike bar (260 calories), 1 ice cream sandwich (160 calories), and about 4 cups of apple jacks... the first 2 nights were even worse... i ate a half gallon of ice cream in one sitting :( I know what im doing is unhealthy but i just cant stop! I weighed myself and havent gained any weight ..yet but any tips to get me past this overeating? Maybe its just a little phase? My dad eats all that stuff so it has to be in the house...

Maybe you just need to haul out your get out of jail free card and use it for the whole week.

Get it out of your system. let it happen. Put it behind you.

And then get back on the wagon afterwards and carry on trucking. :)
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options

I asked for help because this is the first time ive had ice cream in a while and I couldnt stop eating it... I felt like I had no control

Definitely. Scoff up.

whatever wreckage is left at the end of the week, you can pick it up and fix it.

no big deal. The wheels have fallen off your diet. happens to us all. :)
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    You are sabotaging yourself. You have to find the strength to break the cycle. Get all that crap out of your house and solider through. Are you going let the "fat" you win? or are you going to let the smart, strong, fit new you take over?

I read about these binging issues on the threads and it is so sad.
  • soupandcookies
    soupandcookies Posts: 212 Member
    Options

Um, really??

I tend to be a binge eater, so I really relate to the OP. It doesn't necessarily have anything to do with being hungry or restricting too much. Some people who binge, do it because it's a compulsion. It makes no sense, but it is a feeling of being totally unable to control ourselves. For a long time, I went to OA meetings, and it helped somewhat, but the philosophy that worked best for me, was a book called "Brain Over Binge." It really put the whole thing in perspective, and gave me my "control" back. I still struggle from time to time, and the desire to binge is often present, but I do feel I've taken my power back. Good luck!
  • spottedkathy
    spottedkathy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem the week before my cycle starts. Could that be it?