Not Losing Weight? Big Belly? READ THIS

Options
Ladies and gentlemen, I have cancer.

The way we found out, is that although I was working my butt off to lose weight, I was GAINING weight, and it was all in my belly.

I had always had "female problems", but one Gyn after another blew it off. They would give me pills, tell me to go home and lay down until it stopped. One summer in my 20's, it didn't stop all summer. I gained about 50 pounds that summer, from laying around.

My big belly was actually fluid. The fluid is called ascites, and here is how you find out if you have it.

You have to go to your doctor and tell them you suspect it, and they will tap, tap, tap on your belly and see if it makes a sound. Then they do a CAT scan with contrast. That's it. No big deal. Such an easy way to see if you have a serious illness causing your weight gain, or not.

95% of the time, ascites is caused by kidney, heart or liver failure that needs to be caught early if you are going to survive it. The other probably 3% of the time, it is caused by some form of cancer.

One way to see if you might have it is to turn like you're a dancer. If you feel like something moves in there, or like someone is sort of lightly punching you in the gut - go be seen ASAP like the next day.

And if you have all of this, and have been having any trouble breathing at all, you should get in your car and go to the E/R as soon as you read this.

I'm not trying to scare anyone, but I have had five surgeries since January and am now halfway through chemo. My big belly was all WATER - 45 lbs of it....9 liters....almost 3 gallons. Can you just imagine? I laid there and watched my belly deflate like a balloon. And all of a sudden, I could wear my jeans again, and was 45 lbs lighter in about 15 minutes - AND - it hasn't come back.

I believe that I am healed in the Name of Jesus. I know that may offend some people, but that's okay. He is my Healer.

I hope that any of you who may be experiencing this take it as wisdom and go be seen by a local physician. At least you can rule that out, if nothing else.

I had never heard of it either.

I thought I was pregnant.

Replies

• OceanBlue08
    Options
    Oh!!! :( I am sorry.. I hope you are completely healed & healthy. God bless you.
  • yoolka05
    Options
    I am sorry you've had such a tough time. I hope you get better and from what you write you already are so much better. Take care.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    I pray you get well. Very kind of you to share your story to help others. God Bless.
  • OhLeita
    OhLeita Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Did your doctors give you any dietary instructions?
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for what you have gone/are going through. I wish you health.
  • ProfessorCurlz
    Options
    Oh this is very concerning!
  • Lauracharder
    Lauracharder Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing your story! Hope you are back to health ASAP.