Women with heavier lower bodies

Options
I've always had trouble losing weight waist down. A lot of unnecessary extra is stored in my butt and thighs. When i did Insanity the first time I lost weight in my mid section, but my lower body didn't change. I know you can't spot reduce, but is there anything that helps with that? It is so hard to get rid of and I don't want to believe that I'm stuck like this forever.

Replies

• kerrygailis
    kerrygailis Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Wow I hear you, I have the same problem, all my weight goes off the top, all my body fat is in my butt & thighs.

Would love to hear comments about great exercises to combat the lower body :smile:
  • buffywhitney
    buffywhitney Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Me too! :grumble:
  • fitin3m
    fitin3m Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Same issue with me as well. It is hard to shed some inches from thighs with saddlebags.
  • drop_it_like_a_squat
    Options
    I know you can't spot reduce, but is there anything that helps with that?

Losing body fat in general will help. Like you said, there is no such thing like spot reducing.
  • lovejoypao
    lovejoypao Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    exactly same problem unfortunately...water retention and cellulite are the main issues here..I'll definitely have to persuade myself to workout better but after a couple of months in the watergym and no big difference I usually loose every good intention :(((((
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Same issue big hips big thighs, first place i gain last place to lose,
    I lost alot of weight once by running alot got smaller and flatter but not the look i wanted, if you dont care about being flat then run, alot
  • icyeyes317
    icyeyes317 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Compound lifting is be absolute best way to sculpt. My favorite is actual squats. It will help reduce overall weight loss, as well as sculpt your body. Check this link out, and don't be afraid.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Just keep losing fat (lower BF%) and eventually your body wont have a choice but to lose fat from your lower half.
  • stangirl1995
    stangirl1995 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have the exact same problem. I bought this program called JNL Fusion. There is a lot of lower body focus in the workouts. It worked! I did eat a pretty clean diet when I did the program and averaged around 1700 calories per day. I also ate as close to a 40/30/30 diet as possible which is what is recommended in her nutrition guide. She preaches that you will be tight and tiny and I was. My thighs and hips lost inches and most importantly they toned up!

While you can't pin point wieght loss to certain areas, you can choose exercises that tone up the area you are struggling with! Tapout XT was another good program for me that has just as much focus on lower body as the upper body.

I love Insanity and Insanity Assylum, however just like you, I only lost inches in my midsection with those programs. The only thing that has worked for me is programs that put emphasis on the lower body as well as upper body.

Most important is your diet! Hope this helps.