71 pounds, about 18 months

Options
2»

Replies

• bethbigdog
    bethbigdog Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing your journey!! I really needed to see this today. I have been on a stand still for 2 months, loosing and gaining the same 5 lbs. Been a little frustrated to say the least. I started in April of this year and have lost 23 lbs and approx. 33 inches but no more. My NSV's have been good..gaining strength, working out at least an hour a day, much better cardio, endurance etc. I need to loose 50 more lbs. so if you have any suggestions?? Thank you again, this has really inspired me and reminded me "slow and steady wins the race" :0) Keep up your great work!!!
  • madrose0715
    madrose0715 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing your journey!! I really needed to see this today. I have been on a stand still for 2 months, loosing and gaining the same 5 lbs. Been a little frustrated to say the least. I started in April of this year and have lost 23 lbs and approx. 33 inches but no more. My NSV's have been good..gaining strength, working out at least an hour a day, much better cardio, endurance etc. I need to loose 50 more lbs. so if you have any suggestions?? Thank you again, this has really inspired me and reminded me "slow and steady wins the race" :0) Keep up your great work!!!

I stalled out for most of August - kinda intentionally, kinda not, lol. I was in fact, eating more than I should have to continue with weight loss. I was okay with that. I find that so long as I am honest with myself in my logging, I am not surprised when things slow down. My activity levels change on an almost weekly basis. Sometimes I adjust my calorie intake to reflect that - other times I do not and it shows on the scale. I have also learned that my body will fight a few pounds back and forth for a few weeks and then, boom -- it seems to finally flush away.

I believe because I have done this rather slowly, it has allowed me to develop serious patience with myself. Patience helps me when it comes to logging, exercise, etc...In that I realize that I am going to do it, I am going to reach my goals so my headspace is such that I take every day one at a time and know eventually, results will come.

Finally - my physical exercise - every few weeks I add something different into my routine. I do find my body adapts to the stress I put it under and when things stop being challenging that is the cue for me to change something. It seems to help.
  • nannymarty04
    nannymarty04 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    WOW .... you are awsome! Congts to you!!!!! you look Great!
  • madrose0715
    madrose0715 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    WOW .... you are awsome! Congts to you!!!!! you look Great!

• dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Congrats.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!