Today's NSV

Options
darkrose20
darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
I had a NSV today. The jeans that wouldn't button for Tuesday's date buttoned today. Woot Woot! :glasses:

Anyone else have a NSV to share?

Replies

• sslopez24
    sslopez24 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Isn't it wonderful when your pants button/zip up?!! Good for you!

I had put away some work pants that weren't fitting anymore a while back(struggled at the thighs then had 2 inches for them to zip). I hadn't washed and was looking through my closet for something to wear this morning. I pulled the pants out and slipped right into them and button just fine. :bigsmile: Made my day!!!!:love::flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Nicely done, hon! :drinker: :flowerforyou: :happy:
  • withoutaname
    withoutaname Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

My NSV for yesterday was going shopping - bought a new pair of bathers AND a new sports bra both down a size. I think that's a sign that there is progress! :D
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    it's the little things.. lol great work!!
  • nordeast_yah
    Options
    The gorgeous blue wool blazer with the brass buttons -- the one I had made at Hymie's in St Paul -- is too big now and has to be taken in before a wedding in two weeks.

I got it made in 58reg and it still fits perfect through the shoulders, and is way big through the middle.

And back to the tailor's shop I go...
  • Briargrey
    Briargrey Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Went to buy new jeans and had to get a 20 instead of the 24 I was expecting!

GJ, everyone! Thanks for your inspiration :)
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    When I was walking at the beach, I got to a specific point which used to feel like such a long walk and I was surprised that I was there already as it felt like I had just started walking.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I'm not feeling well today, so the fact that I'm up and eating my veggies is a victory for me. :ohwell: Glad you all are making good progress! :drinker:
  • nitza53
    nitza53 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My Non scale Victory is: I have to buy a belt. my jeans are sliding down, I haven't owned a belt in 20 years. :happy:
  • SutapaMukherji
    SutapaMukherji Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Mine happened a few days back. There was this pair of jeans that I used to wear 2 years back, but it didn't fit me any more. Tried them on last week. Guess what? :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

They fell down inspite of being buttoned and zipped :happy:

Yeah... I guess now I have about 4-5 jeans that are kind of useless and trust me, I am not unhappy about it at all :blushing: :blushing:
  • faithsimmons526
    faithsimmons526 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your successes. Coincidentally, I just posted four NSVs on my status today:

NSV 1: buying clothes in the 'medium' section instead of 'large' at the thrift store.
    NSV 2: I can get up from a crouch without holding onto something.
    NSV 3: even at my age, I get the occasional leer from men.
    NSV 4: I no longer feel self-conscious when I'm out ... in fact I strut a little lol.
  • Miffylou
    Miffylou Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you all. I always great to read such wonderful achievements. Always puts a smile on my face ????????
  • ktaylormusic
    ktaylormusic Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your successes. Coincidentally, I just posted four NSVs on my status today:

NSV 1: buying clothes in the 'medium' section instead of 'large' at the thrift store.
    NSV 2: I can get up from a crouch without holding onto something.
    NSV 3: even at my age, I get the occasional leer from men. :smile: :smile:
    NSV 4: I no longer feel self-conscious when I'm out ... in fact I strut a little lol.

"in fact I strut a little"
    LOVE IT!:smile:
  • dantanjah
    dantanjah Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    At the dentist yesterday my blood pressure was 110/70. I have had elevated blood pressure for the last 2 years and this is a huge step for me.
  • ButterflyDame
    ButterflyDame Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    congrats on all the NSVs:drinker:

mine is i can now buckle up my belt into the SECOND hole :):bigsmile:
  • phw426
    phw426 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    OK so this could be an NSV...I was taking my 5 year old grandson to a birthday party and I reminded him to thank the mom and dad and his friend for inviting him to the party. He said "I do not know what his Dad looks like but his Mom is fat like you. But I can tell you have lost a little bit of belly fat Pammy"
    I did not know whether to laugh or cry....but for a 5 year old boy to notice that is an NSV in my book,
  • Mady1911
    Mady1911 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have one of yesterday! A mum at my daughter's school said to me: ' You lost weight! I was watching you the other day and thought: she lost alright! How much? and can you give me some advice? You give me hope!' I met her in the park in the first week of me joining MFP and was telling her about calorie counting and my excitement!
    It made my day, really!
  • faithsimmons526
    faithsimmons526 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    ^^ that's gotta feel good! ^^
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    My entire life, I've always worn dresses and skirts with a flared or A-line skirty part, so it whooshed away from the body and didn't show any hip or thigh or belly size. Well, I'm going to a formal event tonight, and the dress I'm wearing is pretty form-fitting, sort of a pencil skirt bottom and a gathered waist. I've never worn this shape in my whole life. And I look good in it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!