Choosing a sports bra?? Help!

Options
So I am a newbie to this whole running thing! Just bought running shoes and I absolutely love them!! :) next in my list is a good sports bra. Only problem is I don't exactly know what makes a 'good sports bra'
Any tips/favourite brands/ warnings would be greatly appreciated! :)

Replies

• Lotte770
    Options
    I can imagine it all depends on your boobie size.

I'm on the larger size boobs wise at a 34f and feel I need a lot of support for high impact sports.

For years i have been a firm fan of the shock absorber d+ classic sports bra (I think that's what it's called) there's no underwire, but still has good support. The only draw back is that it doesn't give you the best shape (but who cares if its just for running)

Recently I've bought a couple of the panache super bra sport. There a little pricy but absolutely fantastic. I would highly recommend! Great support, better shape than the shock absorber (I presume because its underwired) and so comfy I find myself wearing it day to day!

Hope this helps
    This may all be irrelivent if you have smaller boobs
    Lotte.x
  • elsyoommen
    elsyoommen Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I don't run but I need a lot of support. I have tried various kinds, but I recently bought lululemon's "tatatamer" - I'm very happy with it - it's functional, easy to get on and off, and I think it looks surprisingly good. It's kind of pricey so that's why I had put off buying one until now, but I do not regret getting it. I'm considering buying more as my regular bra. Until now I would never have considered something without an underwire for daily use outside the gym.
  • dpwdash
    dpwdash Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Recently I've bought a couple of the panache super bra sport. There a little pricy but absolutely fantastic. I would highly recommend! Great support, better shape than the shock absorber (I presume because its underwired) and so comfy I find myself wearing it day to day!

[/quote]
    I am a 36 F and dropping now. I really like the Panache for all high impact stuff like running and cross training. Before you really spend alot of $$ I would suggest you get fitted by a professional. Macy's, Nordstrom's both have folks who know thier stuff. There is a local shop here (SW MO) that specializes in larger sizes and they are amazing at finding the perfect fit for you. When you go and try on remember to jump up and down do a couple of burpees or whatever to really know how it will function during your workout.
  • thehappyfitmusician
    Options
    I have medium sized ta-tas (36B, but sometimes can wear 36C). I LOVE the brand they carry at Target---Champion. They have this line of really soft, flexible sports bras that don't have any wiring or weird, hard elements. They are SUPER comfortable and give support too. I highly recommend them and they're CHEAP.
  • Sarahndipity30
    Sarahndipity30 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    http://www.lanebryant.com/active/sports-bras/20230c20242/index.cat

another thread was just posted with the same topic.
  • mrsburghart
    mrsburghart Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    My current favorite is the sports bra line from Old Navy! They aren't too expensive (just got my last one for $10) but the girls definitely stay in place. Not only do they have fun colors and designs, but they ship pretty fast if you don't have a store near you (which I don't).
  • mrsmcf
    mrsmcf Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/Glamorise-Womens-Double-Custom-Control/dp/B00553XFN6/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

This one! It's the best hands down. I'm a DD and I run in it, walk in it, Zumba in it. Thing is DA BOMB!
  • pittjenn
    pittjenn Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I wear a 30ff, so the S-M-L bras never work for me and I have to buy bra cup sized (with underwire!). Like someone else said, I like Panache best. It's not cheap, but it's better than the soreness from my boobs bouncing around http://www.amazon.com/Panache-Womens-Underwired-Sports-Black/dp/B005X5FMY6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1380898580&sr=8-1&keywords=panache+30ff+sports+bra