Life altering changes after 2 months.

Options
In 2 months I went from consistent hypertension bp readings down to normal and my blood sugar (pre-diabetes) went from ~120 fasted down to 98 as of today. My doctor predicted that in 6 months I would be full on type-2 diabetic - Two months of diet, weight lifting, and daily cardio/walking helped me drop nearly 15lbs and literally changed the course my life was taking.

Minimal sacrifice and two medications with serious side-effects avoided.

That is all.

Thank you.

Replies

• fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
    My doctor was threatening to put my on drugs for cholesterol. Said I should be doing low fat.
    I did the opposite. When high fat, cut out processed carbs and cut back on white starchy vegetables.
    Cholesterol, blood glucose, and blood pressure are all well inside the normal range.

Good to see you have positive results. Dropping drugs is always good.
  • jmburke22
    jmburke22 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Great work. I'm in a similar situation. I've only been on MFP for a few weeks. I'm currently taking BP medication. I'm hoping that by dropping this weight that i"ll be able to come off of those meds. Your success has made me hopeful that this is a possibility.
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    It is funny how such a little change can really fix your life and in your case only took 2 months! Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!