stay at home mom's...

Options
when creating your MFP profile, what activity level did you select? I'm trying to decide between active and lightly active. I have 5 children, so I stay pretty busy, but at the same time a lot of my day is spent sitting. 4 of my 5 kids are still in diapers, so I spend a lot of time on the floor changing diapers, sitting to feed my newborn, sitting to color, sitting to read, sitting to play trains, etc but then again it is a lot of work lifting them all into the car, shopping carts, high chairs, and so on.

I run 4x a week, but other than that I don't consistant have any other cardio type activities.

I'm just curious what other sahm's set their activity level as.

Replies

• jsj024519
    jsj024519 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I put no activity! I sit behind a desk all day!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I'm still bfing a 2 year old and I put down lightly active at "maintain" to lose a 1/2 pound a week. You are probably closer to active, but play around with the settings a bit. Sometimes MFP needs to be told things that aren't strictly true to give you the calorie allotment you need.
  • SeeShayRun
    Options
    Okay, thank you!! If it makes a difference, Hannah is exclusively formula fed.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Okay, thank you!! If it makes a difference, Hannah is exclusively formula fed.

Its probably only a hundred kcals a day anymore, which is about the difference between activity leveLs. However I'm not a SAHM do I probably move less than you during the day.
  • gigglesinthesun
    gigglesinthesun Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I put lightly active for myself, but I have fewer children and only one is still at home part time, the other is at school full time :-)
  • premiumchilenita
    premiumchilenita Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I have 3, 2 still at home, I put lightly active just because any calories I burn more than that is a bonus for me, there are some days that I'm sitting around more than others, then i have a few really active days in the week. but I think at the end of the week it all balances out
  • jhmomofmany
    jhmomofmany Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I put "lightly active" because my goal is to lose, and I would rather estimate my activity conservatively. :smile:
  • LuLuChick78
    LuLuChick78 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I came in here thinking you were telling us moms to stay home...haha! Oops, my bad :laugh:
  • SamMorBelsmom
    SamMorBelsmom Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I am a stay at home my with my setting set at lightly active. I have 3 kids under 5, my youngest just turned one. I am hardly ever sitting anymore. Hope this helps. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • LuckyMunky
    LuckyMunky Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm a SAHM with 2 boys and I put mine as "lightly active."
  • JilloftheDead
    JilloftheDead Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'm a sahm of 2 boys, my oldest is in school half days and I walk him to and from school every day. I have my activity level set as light activity, I'd rather underestimate how much activity I'm doing.
  • jolene_ca
    jolene_ca Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mom of 5. I'm set at lightly active.