Creamy peanut butter curry with calories, macros & pics!

Options
sammivvalters
sammivvalters Posts: 23 Member
This is one of my favourite meals, it's so delicious and easy to make so I thought I'd share! :) I use chicken or turkey in this recipe and usually serve it with brown rice. It uses a tiny bit of Thai green curry paste for some slight heat and flavour but it's hardly spicy at all. You could add more spices if you'd like it hot. I'm British so the recipe is in grams and mls.

f462a33809bb11e39a5822000a9f15d4_7.jpg

Ingredients:
Chicken or turkey breast (I used 110g of turkey breast)
Chopped fresh ginger (I used about half a tablespoon)
Chopped garlic clove
5ml (about a teaspoon) extra virgin olive oil
50g green beans
30g low fat mascarpone cheese
2 chopped spring onions
5g (about a teaspoon) Thai green curry paste
20g smooth peanut butter
A teaspoon of dried coriander
Salt and pepper

Directions:
1. Heat olive oil on a pan, finely chop the garlic and ginger and cut the turkey breast into chunks, fry until slightly golden
2. Turn down the heat, add in mascarpone, peanut butter and Thai green curry paste, season with salt and pepper and add water until your sauce has the desired consistency (I like mine quite thick)
3. Simmer and add the green beans when the turkey is nearly cooked through
4. When the turkey is cooked, stir in the dried coriander and chopped spring onions. Serve! :happy:

Calories/macros based on the ingredients and quantities I used (no rice):
391 calories
8g carbs
23g fat
44g protein

Replies

• SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    This sounds sooo yummy! So Bump!
  • SlinkyAndHerAmazingBunsOfSteel
    Options
    looks and sounds delicious! :love:
  • ghsfitnesspal
    ghsfitnesspal Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    never even occured to me to put peanut butter in, definitely doing that next time. Ta!
  • ScarletShopaholic
    ScarletShopaholic Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious, so bumping for later :smile:
  • Dovekat
    Dovekat Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I am not a big fan of curries but this looks and sounds yummy, I may well give it a go thank you for sharing :smile:
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Is this one portion? Or would it serve two?
  • CrazyVulcanLover
    Options
    bump
  • sammivvalters
    Options
    Is this one portion? Or would it serve two?

I find this is the perfect portion size for one. Not too big, not too small. Don't think you'd want to split it between two to be honest.
  • claresusan
    claresusan Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Bump, that sounds totally delicious! Thanks for the recipe!
  • BalmyD
    BalmyD Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    It looks good. I'll try it!
  • Luthien007
    Luthien007 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump
  • Jenism1
    Jenism1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    That looks delish!! Thanks for sharing with us!
  • jkmiller82
    jkmiller82 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Yum and bump!
  • iRun_Butterfly
    iRun_Butterfly Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Yum! Perfect to feed my recent curry obsession
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,988 Member
    Options
    Mmm, thanks, this sounds wonderful. I'm thinking of subbing a little unsweetened coconut milk for the mascarpone, which I don't usually keep on hand. And maybe throw in a some fresh chilis and basil, since they're in the vegetable drawer.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,988 Member
    Options
    Oh -- when you say coriander, is that the dried spice, or are you talking about the leaf (which in the U.S., English-speakers call cilantro, but it's all the same plant, and I think it might possibly be one of those terms -- like aubergines and eggplant -- that need to be "translated" when it crosses the Atlantic)?
  • MikaMojito
    MikaMojito Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I think that's going on my menu plan. However, I'm not eating rice etc for dinner atm, so I think I'll add some peppers and bamboo shoots. That shouldn't raise the calories too much and will make my tummy happy.
  • currlee
    currlee Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    bump...yum
  • currlee
    currlee Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Oh -- when you say coriander, is that the dried spice, or are you talking about the leaf (which in the U.S., English-speakers call cilantro, but it's all the same plant, and I think it might possibly be one of those terms -- like aubergines and eggplant -- that need to be "translated" when it crosses the Atlantic)?
    Coriander is what you get when the cilantro plant goes to seed. So while they are the same plant, they are at different stages. My understanding, anyways. This recipe is calling for the dried spice. But why not try it with some cilantro :)
  • sammivvalters
    Options

I used the dried leaf in this for ease but the fresh herb tastes much better. I didn't know it was called cilantro in the US. Learn something new every day. :smile: