Support and motivation needed!

Options
Hi all,
I have been using MFP for over a year and have lost a total of 60 lbs in that time. However I get motivated and lose weight (and feel fantastic! :smile: )then for some reason I turn back to those old habits and gain until I decide to get back to what makes me feel good.
I have some support offline but I don't tell people about these ups and downs, I am hoping that by reaching out and making some friends here I will be able to hold myself accountable and stop this cycle (or at least be able to get out of the self sabotage earlier). This week every day I decide I am going to "start tomorrow" so I eat any and everything...tomorrow comes and I say the same things to myself. A 6 lb gain later I am ready to get myself back on track and make this a lifestyle change!
I would also love to be a source of support for anyone who may need it.
I hope to make some good connections and get to know others who are either struggling or have been successful in their journey!

Replies

• Hiker_Rob
    Hiker_Rob Posts: 5,547 Member
    Options
    Hi cat, first off way to go on the weight loss so far!
    I have found it sometimes easier to look for people who seem like they have similar goals or interests and send them a little message with a friend request. There are a lot of great people here!

All the best and continued success with your goals!!
  • chicpower1
    chicpower1 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I've done exactly the same thing and am starting MFP over again as of this week. Feel free to add me! I need some friends and encouragement too!
  • airdale8263
    airdale8263 Posts: 2,155 Member
    Options
    Hi Cat,
    So many years ago I decided to lose weight and did very well, lost 65 lbs in a 9 month period but decided I really didn't care for the way thing were going so I stopped. I was not using MFP or any other Get Fit site. I not only put that 65 lbs back on but a "few" more.
    Since I have started using MFP I am determined to lose not only that 65 but about 30 more. The folks here are great for support and ideas on how/what to eat. How to get that proper exercsie.

Great job on losing your weight so far.
  • kbolton322
    kbolton322 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Hey Cat-
    I know that I'll start tomorrow feeling... thats how I was till a friend of mine pushed me and told me that it was tomorrow to get off my butt and get going.. I have been doing good for 30days... I love to work out again it makes me feel good... I will send you a friend request and maybe we can help each other out..

Kara
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm always happy to help.
  • Seabee74
    Seabee74 Posts: 314
    Options
    Hi Cat, so many years I too have been up and down with my weight. I'd lose and put it back on. Now that I've discovered mfp I feel I have found something that will not only work but last. The reason Is because of the friends i've met and how we strive to help and support one another. The community here is full of people meeting their goals with the help of one another! I'll send you a friend request and maybe we too can support one another.
  • ssm_1972
    ssm_1972 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me for mutual support & motivation :)
  • I also am looking for encouraging people who could give that extra motivation when needed. Add me as a friend.. I may be able to offer some good advice with food and work outs. Thanks..
  • cat80233
    cat80233 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the wonderful comments and advice. I am looking forward to using this great community of people to hopefully keep me on track. ;)