Hi, I'm trying to lose baby fat!

Options
Just saying hello. I've been using the site for a few weeks now, and I have loss 4 pounds, but I haven't been dedicated to eating healthy and working out everyday. I'm trying to lose 20 pounds as soon as possible. Its been hard to get cardio in the winter and I can't afford to join a gym, so trying to figure out, how to lose the weight with no equipment...its tough!

Mir

Replies

• moodley
    Options
    Just saying hello. I've been using the site for a few weeks now, and I have loss 4 pounds, but I haven't been dedicated to eating healthy and working out everyday. I'm trying to lose 20 pounds as soon as possible. Its been hard to get cardio in the winter and I can't afford to join a gym, so trying to figure out, how to lose the weight with no equipment...its tough!

Mir
  • popo49
    popo49 Posts: 5
    Options
    everything I have read on weightloss is that to lose weight the correct way and retain any type of muscle..which should be a goal....your goal per week would be 1 lb...2 at the most...which is why they set the parameters for you to lose that amount weekly. Now for rapid weight loss there are products out there to help raise metabolism and increase calorie expenditure.One that I have tried that is very useful is called Venom hyperdrive.As with most of these products though they do contain caffeine which some poeple have a low tolerance to.I noticed that I felt hot most of the day and would actually sweat while sitting at my desk! Look around for products like this and reemember to lose weight you have to burn more calories than you take in....exercise..exercise..exercise!
  • baylou
    baylou Posts: 52
    Options
    welcome from oregon i wish this was only baby fat turn the music on get dancing that is a real fat burner
    good luck
    betty
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Hey, congratulations on the 4lbs lost! That is progress :)
    First of all, from looking at your post, I have to say...it's time to get dedicated. You will only get out of something what you're willing to put into it. If you're not eating healthy, even if you do exercise, you won't benefit.
    Fat loss is a function of diet alone. You can walk for an hour and lift some weights, but if you're eating more than you're burning, you won't lose any body fat. So, even if you can't workout regularly, you can still eat a 300-500 calorie deficit.
    You can incorporate more activity into your day by bundling up and going for a walk, taking your stairs an extra time every time you use them, and even purchasing some dumbbells and a couple workout DVD's to do at home. It also helps to clean every day...that doesn't sound like much fun, I know, but it's an easy way to get up and move around.
    Most importantly...you shouldn't rush fat loss. You should aim for a safe, reasonable decrease in scale weight each week from 0lbs (yes, 0) to 2. Fat loss isn't linear, and weight loss isn't the same as fat loss. Your scale weight will vary greatly depending on your level of hydration, your activity in the past 24 hours, the amount of food you've eaten, and any waste in your bowel. Some weeks you won't lose any at all, but that doesn't mean you're not making progress. Look at the mirror and how your clothes fit to really judge your progress.
    Incorporate resistance training ASAP. It's even more important than cardio because it helps build muscle which actually burns calories when you're being sedentary, increasing your BMR and making it easier to lose fat.

Good luck and I hope that helps!
  • alixk
    alixk Posts: 7
    Options
    I used to waste money on gyms and then I would feel guilty when I stopped going.
    Just use your own body as a "weight".

Old fashioned (girls) push ups, ab crunchies, leg lifts, lunges, going up stairs several times all work and are free. There's no magic machine.

You want to lose it, you MOVE it! It really does work that way.
    I walked off 36 lbs. in six months. When I first started I could barely go 15 min. When I hit my target weight I was power walking, jogging up in the mountain foothills for 1.25 hours four times a week feeling great!

Then I broke my ankle falling down some stairs so now I have let 12 lbs. creep back. Now that my ankle is better I am going to start walking, no matter how cold it gets.

You will help me. Thanks. Alixk
  • moodley
    Options
    Thanks for the comments, its true I need to apply myself more to eating better, to help lose the weight, I love food, so don't want to give up on the foods I love.

I almost joined a gym, but I too am worried that if I join (for a year) I would end up not using it, I have tools I can use at home like workout videos, stairs and weights, so I just got to use them.

I'm going to use your suggestions and start pushing to lose the weight, I have lost some inches and a few more pounds, but to hit my target I'm going to have to work at it.

FYI, I read a article that said incorporating a bit of these 5 foods at meal times help lose weight/inches and it worked for me. They are healthy oils like olive oil, plain nuts (no salt or coatings) or peanutbutter, avocados, olives and the best one dark chocolate or semi sweet chocolate. you just have to incorporate these foods into your meals or have them as a snack and it will help you lose up to 4 pounds or inches in 4 days.

Good luck in your goals.
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck! You're off to a terrific start!