• jharb2
    jharb2 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    shrimp cocktail
  • juiletflt
    juiletflt Posts: 159
    Options
    Gourmet Popcorn!

If you want something that you also don't have to refrigerate, I love making crazy popcorn. I pop a whole bunch of popcorn, separate into different large zip lock bags, drizzle a little olive oil over it, then season with a variety of seasonings, and shake shake shake. It's a lot of fun as everyone has to try each bag to see what they like.

I have seasoned with:
    - chili powder and cumin
    - rosemary, parsley, salt, anything else I can find at the time (put in coffee grinder to make fine)
    -chicken bullion (people always say "chicken popcorn?") It's really good

The possibilities are endless and its a lot of fun to try different things and see what the favorites are.
  • ebr250
    ebr250 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    A great appetizer that looks really elegant, but is actually super easy is hummus tarts. Take packages of mini phyllo tart shells (Safeway makes them; they are in the frozen desserts section), fill with hummus and top with olive tapenade and a couple strips of shredded Parmesan cheese. You can transport the tarts in the trays and they require no cooking or reheating. People always think these easy little apps are impressive! :laugh:
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    A great appetizer that looks really elegant, but is actually super easy is hummus tarts. Take packages of mini phyllo tart shells (Safeway makes them; they are in the frozen desserts section), fill with hummus and top with olive tapenade and a couple strips of shredded Parmesan cheese. You can transport the tarts in the trays and they require no cooking or reheating. People always think these easy little apps are impressive! :laugh:

I've done that with chocolate mousse, lemon lime cheesecake and other dessert like items, but never thought to go a savory route. I like it.
  • juiletflt
    juiletflt Posts: 159
    Options
    Also...

-Cherry tomatoes hollowed out with a pesto cream cheese filling.

-Red or purple grapes covered in goat cheese and rolled in crushed pistachios (SO yummy)

-Marinated zucchini with feta cheese - slice zucchini in slices that are a good 1" or so thick, spoon out part of the zucchini so it makes a cup of sorts, marinate in Italian dressing, fill with feta cheese.

-Mini pancakes with creme fresh and fish row

-Toastinis with Gorgonzola cheese and apple slices drizzled with honey

Now I want to host another party!
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake strawberries. Super fast, super easy. Not super cheap, but not expensive. Makes a metric *kitten* ton.
    http://extremecanadiancoupons.com/homemade-cheesecake-stuffed-strawberries-recipe/

ETA: Makes a metric *kitten* ton with my modification, which you can't see on this link duh...It's on my pinterest. Anyway, cut the cream cheese with up to half Greek yogurt and up the sugar by 1-2 teaspoons. It'll do 2lbs of berries per package of cream cheese. And Honeymaid has graham cracker crumbs already made in a box. It's with the baking stuff. :)
  • jphoto801
    Options
    Black bean "it's not hummus so let's not call it that" dip.

http://5secondrule.typepad.com/my_weblog/2013/06/vegan-smoky-black-bean-puree-recipe.html