Potato Chips

Options
Have you ever weighed one serving of potato chips? I did that today. It certainly wasn't what I expected it to be. I thought it would fill my small bowl half way.

I'm so glad I use a scale for food. I'm still learning to control my portions.

Replies

• jphoto801
    Options
    One of those cases where "I don't eat those anymore" is easier than managing how much you're allowed.

In my case, anyway. Sometimes a few chips is worse than none. :smile:
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I love Pop chips in the single serving size. It works for me.:smooched:
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I just buy the 32-50gram bags. I wouldn't be able to give them up entirely, so I often incorporate them into my day. Yummy carbs and salt. :drinker:
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Pringles! Every chip is the same size and weight. I love that it makes them easy to count.
  • adeverett2010
    Options
    Pringles! Every chip is the same size and weight. I love that it makes them easy to count.

This! I'm a big chip eater (was?) so Pringles makes it easier.
  • dizzysmile
    dizzysmile Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it's pretty surprising when you start actually weighing things. It's easy to see how people who aren't aware of that can so easily have much more than they should.

I still really want to try POP Chips, but 1-serving sized bags make it fairly easy, too. I find, also, that with the 1-serving size bags I tend to be more satisfied than I would with a bowl of the same amount. That whole tricking your mind into thinking you ate more thing, I guess.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    I have a microwave chip maker that I love! I don't eat chips oftend but when I want some, I will make my own. Just slice, pat dry, add some seasoning, and nuke :) they are healthier that way and they taste so good!
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    I always weigh that type of stuff, because I'm terrible at guesstimating.
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Frito like chips are even worse because they are so dense. I am working through a package now, one bleepedy serving at a time, thinking never again, what is the point!!
  • cpsf73
    cpsf73 Posts: 27
    Options
    I eat my nacho cheese doritos in 1oz servings... I break them into smaller pieces so it takes longer for me to eat them, and I find that 1 serving is usually enough to satisfy my craving. If I don't portion my doritos, I will nom the entire bag in a few minutes and still want more.