Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

29/m/tn here looking for a hott young thing...

Who else remembers the good old days of dial up connections and staying up late at night on the chat rooms... ahh the days of being 14 talking to countless hottie after hottie after hottie... I need a time machine

Replies

• haha
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    LOL I just flashed back to the AOL chat room days!
  • _Rogue
    _Rogue Posts: 37 Member
    Bahahaha...met my husband in an AOL chat room 12 years ago...
  • Via_14
    Via_14 Posts: 992 Member
    lol chat...... some funny shiz that comes up in those rooms =P
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    never had AOL but I sure had some fun in the yahoo chats.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Nope and I'm old but you do look good.
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    my AOL username is/was embarrassing to say the least.
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Ah brings back memories..... this one chat room that I would frequent would automatically kick everyone out at exactly midnight CST every night. So, we made it a game... the first person to refresh themselves back into the room was the King or Queen of the room and could 'rule' for a while. (All the people chatting were listed in the order they came in the room). We would all start hitting F5 rapidly at about 11:59:30 every night just to see who would be the winner.
  • Yup, mine was Sunkist6 :-)
  • sakuragreenlily
    sakuragreenlily Posts: 334 Member
    I remember my first time chatting in an AOL chat room when I was 10 years old... I lied and said I was 16 because I wanted to be a cool kid or something like that.

I started talking to someone and they asked "Do you like Sublime?" So I went and asked my dad, "Dad, what's sublime?" and he told me "It's something that is really great. Like absolutely perfect." So I thought "hmmm... I guess I do like sublime then." Thus I told the person, "yes, sublime is something that sounds agreeable."

They never talked to me again and it wasn't until many years later that I realized they were talking about the BAND. >.<!
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    hehe this brings back memories ;)
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Ahhh yes... remember so well... I miss my child hood! I wanna go back!!!:sad:
  • I have never been on a chat room, the most I remember was MSN, and even that was very little
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Good ole AOL!!! Loved it!

I used to run the hacked version called AO-HELL. It used to allow you to cause all sorts of mischief in the chat rooms. You could kick people off-line (a big deal when it was dial-up), Change things on their screen and accounts, and just generally cause all sorts of havoc.

I'll even go one better... anyone remember dialing to Bulletin Board Systems?
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    LMAO!! YAHOO chat! That's where I met my husband! :blushing: Nearly 16 years ago!
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Ah brings back memories..... this one chat room that I would frequent would automatically kick everyone out at exactly midnight CST every night. So, we made it a game... the first person to refresh themselves back into the room was the King or Queen of the room and could 'rule' for a while. (All the people chatting were listed in the order they came in the room). We would all start hitting F5 rapidly at about 11:59:30 every night just to see who would be the winner.

That is awesome and totally sounds like something I would do.
  • lauramblair
    lauramblair Posts: 74 Member
    Oh back when I had nothing better to do!
  • bkw99508
    bkw99508 Posts: 204 Member
    I remember one chat room where if you put a ~ at the end of your login you could read everyone's PMs

Made for an entertaining evening.
  • LiveLoveLift67
    LiveLoveLift67 Posts: 895 Member
    I spent alot of time on the msn chat rooms a long time ago. Met my husband in one of them in 2004. They were alot of fun. The one i was in was for Florida people and every few months we would all meet up somewhere central and have a big chat party. Fun times.

Oh and i also had webtv LOL
  • beepermad
    beepermad Posts: 198
    Is someone here down for some hawt cyber?

No? Okay. Carry on.