Whey protein for women ?

Options
So, for the past week, I’ve been having a whey shake(using my boyfriend's chocolate whey powder) for breakfast that includes.
1 scoop Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey - 120 cals
8 oz. fat free milk - 90 cals
1 tbsp chia seeds - 60 cals
and a lot of water and coffee — totals 270 cals.

This replaces my usual spinach banana ginger chia etc. shake + 8oz. milk coffee — which amounts to around 250 cals.

Is this switch good for me ? I am still under my calorie goal , and I sneak in spinach etc. into other meals. What are the good/bad effects of drinking whey protein everyday ? Is it bad for women or is that just a myth? Are they separate whey proteins specially made for women ?

Replies

• I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Whey protein for women = same as whey protein for men.
  • IronCakes
    IronCakes Posts: 317 Member
    Options

QFT /end thread
  • missionskinnynow
    missionskinnynow Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    LOL, that was spot on! thank you! what about drinking whey everyday? Good or bad?
  • missionskinnynow
    Options
    :/ whatever! I am new to whey protein so that was a genuine question!
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    LOL, that was spot on! thank you! what about drinking whey everyday? Good or bad?

Good if you have a hard time hitting your protein macros.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I don't know you might get bulky.. possibly get a deeper voice.. and be more aggressive..

You'll subscribe to Sports Illustrated just for the Swimsuit edition and you might even find you're drawn to fantasy football next fall. Be careful how much you use.

oh noes!! i do fantasy football...
  • indrani1947
    indrani1947 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    enjoyed this thread and yes I enjoy a protein shake or mixed into yogurt when I need more protein was introduced to it 2 years ago and I'm no longer a 60+ couch potato !
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    You guys are ****s when being asked a legit question.

Just because a little humor was interjected? Not everything or everyone has a serious approach...aside from this being a public forum, welcome to life. :flowerforyou:
  • technobunny
    Options
    Oh no! Don't put whey protein in cow milk! :sad:
  • missionskinnynow
    Options
    HAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!! Thanks for the laughs! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • amie709
    amie709 Posts: 99
    Options
    Some of them are designed for weight gain-for guys looking to bulk up. As long as it doesn't say anything about gain or bulk on the packaging-your good to go!!
  • ProteinMilkshakeBar
    Options
    Hey Mission Skinny!

I get this question quite a bit. Whey protein taken everyday can be quite beneficial - and is quite common in Europe - where people tend to also be much leaner.

The things to look out for in your Whey is the addition of fillers i.e. Lechtin (fatty substance) & cholesterol (which means that the Whey wasn't filtered enough & contains saturated fat.

If you're looking to lose weight I'd suggest Almond Milk, as Cow Milk has carbs. Chia seeds are great for good fat :).

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Aesha
    Protein Milkshake Bar
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

this

it can get high in calories depending on how you are eating it. I mix it with milk- of whatever sort. 2% or almond. I'm not picky- whatever is on sale.

i also mix it with greek yogurt- and heated up fruit- fricking delicious for breakfast!
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Some of them are designed for weight gain-for guys looking to bulk up. As long as it doesn't say anything about gain or bulk on the packaging-your good to go!!

:huh: