Seriously.... Thank you MFP

Options
prockjp
prockjp Posts: 4 Member
OK... Today started with a trip to my doctor to figure out why I am getting/feeling dizzy. Well, it turns out that my b/p is way too low. Why you ask? Because he was controlling my b/p with dosages appropriate for a 290 lb. guy. Now, since I lost 50 lbs. using MFP, he deleted (1) of my (4) b/p meds and halved the dosage on (2) of the others. NICE! All because of MFP! So, a big THANK YOU to MFP for providing me (and all of us who use it) with a positive, safe, and effective way for me to loose this weight. If I loose another 50 lbs. (which is my goal) my doctor says he might be able to take me off the b/p meds completely. Wow, I am one happy guy. Thanks again. :smile:

Replies

• jetinder
    jetinder Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    That's what I have wanted to hear, I ultimately want to to cut back on my bp meds. There is hope for me yet.

We'll done mate.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    that is so awesome!!! i wish you continued success!!
  • bohonomad
    bohonomad Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! The same thing happened to me because I take a BP medicine for my heart arrhythmia. Stuff like that really makes you realize the hard work is totally paying off!
  • prockam
    Options
    Way to go, knew you could do it. Keep up the good work, now let's get your wife going!
  • prockjp
    prockjp Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Some meds are required no matter what weight you are, so hang in there with those. But I hope we all can get to our weight goals so these "weight related" medicines can be eliminated.
  • ButterflyDame
    ButterflyDame Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    :) good news, I have no doubt you'll be off the mess totally one day soon!
  • rubisliprz
    rubisliprz Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Now off of meds for BP, cholesterol, triglicerides, and for my diabetes down from 4 meds to half of one of them. Woo Hoo!
  • MeowSkull
    MeowSkull Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    double and triple win! congrats!!!
  • sheep_dog
    sheep_dog Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! That's such a cool NSV. Congrats, I hope you start looking forward to the doctors visits!
  • exmsde
    exmsde Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Awesome, I'm glad the effort is working out so well!
  • swbabe33
    swbabe33 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Terrific accomplishment. Congrats to you. I need to hear things like that because I was losing 2 lbs most weeks, but now I am down to 1 lb and not always that. Thanks again.
  • swbabe33
    swbabe33 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Terrific, you go girl.
  • dynamitegalxo
    dynamitegalxo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    That's incredible! I wish you continued success on the next 50 pounds! Just think, you'll have so much more room in your budget for fun things when you don't have all those prescriptions to buy :)
  • HandyASH
    HandyASH Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Great Job! MFP is a great tool!!! Really you are the one doing the work, keep it up and keep us posted. :smile: :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!