5 months post gastric bypass

Options
I'm 5 months post gastric bypass today. I'm so excited, I just got into a size 16 pair of jeans (that didn't fit me last week.) The largest pair of jeans pre surgery were 26. BYE BYE FAT JEANS!!!! The surgery was the best thing I ever did for myself.

Replies

• BlueEyedMomma88
    BlueEyedMomma88 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Thats amazing hun!! Way to go :-)
  • willimh
    willimh Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you.
  • possummama
    possummama Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    so happy for you! enjoy those jeans!
  • mommaski4
    mommaski4 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    That is so wonderful for you! You have every right to be excited! A 26 to a 16! Fantastic!

Hope you took some before pictures! Would love to see them!
  • ginastnly
    Options
    Good for you. I am 15 months post surgery and I agree it was the best decision I ever made for myself. I have lost to date 100 lbs and I never thought it would be possible. Keep up the good work!!
  • nurse_jenie
    Options
    That is awesome! One of my friends had gastric last October and she went from 312 pounds to 150 in this past 12 months. Keep up the good work you are going to be soooooooo skinny:happy:
  • Dietexpert
    Options
    Well done! I had a band 3 years ago and then revised to a sleeve last year and have lost 126lbs so far. It's great to be able to buy lovely clothes and feel fab in them :)
  • travelinglight
    Options
    Did you have an actual gastric bypass or one of the other types of surgery? I am getting the sleeve next year. My insurance company is requiring a 6-month medically supervised diet so that's what I am on now.
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Good for you! What an awesome accomplishment. I had lap band in Jan. 2008. best decision of my life. I too went from 22/24s (and the occassional 26/28s..GRR) to more "normal" sizes. Wore 10s for what seemed like an eternity and then recently fit into a pair of size 8 trouser jeans (1st time in my life I was ever in the single digits!). Well done! I'm gonna send a friend request ;-)
  • lovemy2girls9905
    Options
    Thanks everyone, here is a link to my photo diary "watch me get skinny" http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=62115&id=1134917178&l=758b85739f
  • PuppyBandit
    Options
    Way to go !!! I can't wait to get in my 16's, they are ready and waiting for me :)
  • jaxkipi
    jaxkipi Posts: 233
    Options
    Did you have an actual gastric bypass or one of the other types of surgery? I am getting the sleeve next year. My insurance company is requiring a 6-month medically supervised diet so that's what I am on now.

Would you mind if we became friends. Sounds like you and I are on similar paths. I am on a presurgical dietary path as well. I didn't qualify for the gastric sleeve. Ironically, I qualify for gastric bypass. I have a feeling that my presurgical dietary changes may last 6 months too. I too am being monitored. Right now they have me on an 1800 ADA. They still have to test my resting metabolic rate. I just started this process. Where are you in the process?

Kathy
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    well great job up until this point!! also great job realizing that you may still need help with losing the rest! the surgery starts it for you but its all about learning the new life style and changing your ways!! if you feel like a new friend i'm here :)
  • abbracadabra
    Options
    It's such a great feeling! It's also great to love shopping again! Good luck to you.