Motivation

Options
What do you guys say to yourselves to get out of bed and work out everyday? I've been really off the wagon lately and I'm trying to workout more but I'm having trouble getting motivated. I'm eating a little better and I'm losing a bit from that but I'm also worried that it's just muscle mass I'm losing because I still look kind of flabby and soft. I know working out is part of the journey if I really want to maintain it. How long until it just becomes a habit you do everyday?

Replies

• asilman
    Options
    I'm super lazy and I just won't go to the gym and "work out." Besides, I'm always far too intimidated by the gym rats. However ... I deal with that by signing up for (and paying for!) specific workout classes. I happen to be a dancer, but when I was studying abroad, I also joined a gym. If you have a scheduled class that you've paid for, you're more likely to actually get out and go. After 8 hours locked in the music building at university, I wouldn't bother going to the gym. But I *will* go to a dance class that a) I really love and b) that I've already paid for! Also, I try to avoid going home before an exercise class ... 'cause after a long day practicing at school, if I come home, I'm going to get all cozy in my bedroom and not want to leave. Going straight from school/work to exercise gets rid of the temptation to skip out. So my advice: find some sort of activity that you enjoy (or at least don't hate!) and sign up for a club/class.