Why, oh Why???

Options
Did I go on a binge session for the last 2 nites?!?! I do so well during the day but then after dinner I stuffed my face with sweets. I dont even like sweets that much!!! UGH! Okay today is a new day. I CAN DO THIS!!!!

Replies

• batty5
    batty5 Posts: 193
    Options
    Don't be so harsh on yourself maybe your body needed some sugar. You Will do this. Good luck.
  • meganlynn1984
    meganlynn1984 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I would have that problem except I dont keep sweets in my house or anything else I know I will binge on. I'd rather have an empty pantry, than have everything in there to tempt me. But good attitude - today is a new day!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Do you stay up late? I'm a HORRIBLE Sleeper, often going to bed at 1-2am. I've been trying to force myself to sleep around 10-11 these past couple of nights, and that seems to help me with after dinner sweet face stuffing. lol

Today is a new day, hang in there.
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    you have to remember, that sugar has the same effect on the brain as some drugs do. So just like an adict, you need your fix to feel good. One reason so many have to have thos sweet things, even when they know they shouldn't
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    First, I would suggest going for a walk when you got those cravings. Sometimes that and some water will kick it. Also, I find staying up late happens when I dont' get enough exercise....I try to wear myself out so by 10:30, I'm passing out and skipping the treats.

Also, I find low sugar chocolate to be a godsend. I have these chocolate chips (organic) that are 2 tbsps= only 70 cals! Eating them one by one makes the 2 tablespoons last and then my cravings are kicked. They go really well with strawberries and oranges...and there you got your sugar fix for under 200 cals, which you can burn in a little 40 min stroll around your neighborhood.

Good luck. Oh, and I second the "dont' beat yourself up" thing. Cravings happen...especially to us ladies...and sometimes its ok to give your body what its asking for. The trick is knowing if it's really asking for that, or if you are doing it out of boredom or addiction or whatever.
  • jazzy020106
    jazzy020106 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I have this problem.. I am great all day at work! The second I walk in the house when I get home I feel like I'm starving and just want to raid the fridge! Some of the ideas previously posted sound pretty good =] You CAN and WILL get through this!
  • plifsey
    plifsey Posts: 24
    Options
    I do the same thing, it is very frustrating...
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Allergy season.

I eat 2 benedryl at 7:30 and eat my pillow at 8:30. :D
  • ganesha303
    ganesha303 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I have an overdeveloped sweet tooth that can drive me crazy and an occasional tendency to binge. I find that if I completely limit my sweets I am much more likely to binge after a few days. So I let myself have a little treat or two, making sure I do not exceed my calories goal. A bag of M&M's here or there won't kill me. With this approach in moderation I have not binged in some time and am still attaining my health and fitness goals. Hope that helps...
  • ganesha303
    ganesha303 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I also tend to get dark chocolate in for my sweet fix. it is healthier and lower cal, but still tasty and sweet satisfying.