professional food service workers....

Options
Anybody out there? How do you log the constant tasting and testing? How do you keep yourself fit when you are surrounded by food? A spoonful of this for quality control, a pastry chef interview, a new product to test...these are all daily parts of my job. I would love to have some new friends here who also work in the restaurant industry. Ive sampled three pies today and im not even hungry, lol.

Replies

• healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Spit it out after you've tasted.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i was underweight when i worked at a perkins as a server. i saw the food prepared so that was easy staying away from it because it was nasty, and i was on my feet all day not eating the nasty food. pretty simple for me
    i was also a cook and didnt want to eat any of the food because i was making it and saw the nasty ingredients we used. sounds like yours is different though. try to log best you can, find a generic version of the pie in the system then log like 1/9 of it or even less if you just had a bite. and do exercise and voila you should be fine weight wise. don't worry too much about the logging as long as you are exercising then you should be fine. i would think a guestimate is better than nothing. or you can always spit it out if you don't mind wasting food
  • sprocketism
    sprocketism Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm a bartender, so I can relate. I serve really great food, and it's so tempting to have my favorite sandwich and fries. Nevertheless, after tracking calories and eating healthier foods, eventually your palette changes and you start looking at that amazing grilled ham and cheese on a buttery white bread with perfect golden fries as the enemy, which, indeed, it is. Of course, the guilt of eating it, as well, is right there on your shoulder t remind you NOT TO DO IT!

Now, if someone could just get me off the velvety zinfandels from Lodi, I would be grateful :heart:
  • Ohnoes
    Ohnoes Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi restaurant people! I wish it was so easy to spit it out! Cant be rude to vendors or the new pastry chef, and the kitchen is open so i wont be able to spit in front of customers.... better to log and exercise it off! Its hard cause the food is soo good. Why does food have to be so good!!?