will eating back my exercise cals slowdown my weightloss ?

Options
only answer if you know what your talking about please . I dont want a bunch of yes's & no's because i.ll be confused lol .

Replies

• nmalany
    nmalany Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yes it will. The more of a calorie deficit you create the more fat your body will be forced to burn for energy. Of course it is possible to eat so little that you stop losing weight but I doubt you are doing that. I'm a Physician Assistant in a weight loss clinic so feel free to message me with other questions.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    use the search function....there was a pretty long thread about 2 days ago about this very subject.
  • ktliu
    ktliu Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Not eating back will create a bigger deficit, but everyone's body is different, I tend to plateau a lot. I would be stuck on the scale for 3-6 weeks and boom , One week I'll lose 7 lbs.
    People told me I have too much exercise and not enough intake, but I average 700-1200 calories of burn per day on exercise, It's nut if I don't eat back some of the calories. Even then I'd plateau like crazy. To me it makes the transition to final maintaining that much easier. Once I reached my final goal, I can just do less exercise and still consume 1800-2000 calories a day. and maintain my weight for the long haul.
    The cool thing is, I have push my goal weight back 3 times...Everytime I came close to getting it, I'd realize I have more to lose.

So, good luck!