Which day to record a midnight snack on? :p

Options
Ok, so I haven't slipped up much in about a month, but right now I'm snacking a piece of pizza and it's almost 1:30am!
Silly question maybe, but which day do I record the piece of pizza? Do I add it to my Friday tally? Or My Saturday tally because technically the time has flipped over to the next day?
I don't think that my body cares either way which day it is tho... lol!
What do any of you do in a situation like this?
thx!

Replies

• Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I haven't slipped up much in about a month, but right now I'm snacking a piece of pizza and it's almost 1:30am!
    Silly question maybe, but which day do I record the piece of pizza? Do I add it to my Friday tally? Or My Saturday tally because technically the time has flipped over to the next day?
    thx!
    Haha, I've been in that dilemma too. I have a Bodymedia Fit and it starts counting my calories burned everyday at midnight so, I go along with that. But you're right, your body doesn't care. I've seen diaries where people section off their meals like Midnight to 3am and so on right through the whole 24 hours.... but I would only bother doing that unless I ate late at night quite often.
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I consider a food diary day anything I eat between waking up and going to bed.
  • Hollywoodgoonette
    Options
    Ok so if I water fast to lose 40 pounds how long do u think that would take and is it a good idea what do u guys think???
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    thx!

Track it on the day the machine proffers. If it's after midnight, it's the next day.

Otherwise what are you doing? you're adding it to the past day's totals, which might mean you went over yesterday... and then you're free to eat another whole goalworth of calories today without having to ever pay the piper for the thing you ate at 1:30am.

I guess if it's once in a blue moon it's not an issue, but I'm pretty sure it would add up if you did it often. :)
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Ok so if I water fast to lose 40 pounds how long do u think that would take and is it a good idea what do u guys think???

Your body needs maybe 2000 cals a day to operate. that's a weekly total of 14000 cals a week.

1lb fat is 3500 cals.

So the most you are capable of losing in a week of fat (but it probably will involve a lot of muscle instead) is going to be 4lb a week of fat.

Anything else you lose will be something you have to put back, eg muscle or glycogen/water.

If you want to lose 40lb of fat, assuming you do in fact manage to lose 4lb a week it will take you 10 weeks.

the reality however, is that your body will become efficient by redigesting muscle, which is something sad like 600cals/lb, ie not much.

So you lose lots of muscle, which is hard for a girl to replenish, and you're looking at 10 weeks of absolute starvation.

It's not worth it. The maths is bad, the suffering is extreme. The result is iffy. None of it adds up to a good idea.
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    Umm... to keep the thread on topic, you should start your own, but I suggest using the search feature first. Generally though, drastic quick fixes are extremely frowned upon.
  • Hollywoodgoonette
    Options
    Ok I don't how to. Make my own and to the one that gave me all the advice thank you I was looking YouTube about peaple water fasting and it just looked like a good idea they lost so much weighting like 45 days and stuff I've been doing it the right and it seems like I'm getting no where. I have no friends on here I don't even know how to make friends on here lol.
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    Ok I don't how to. Make my own and to the one that gave me all the advice thank you I was looking YouTube about peaple water fasting and it just looked like a good idea they lost so much weighting like 45 days and stuff I've been doing it the right and it seems like I'm getting no where. I have no friends on here I don't even know how to make friends on here lol.
    No problem.:flowerforyou: Browse around and learn. You received excellent advice already from bridgie101. Here are some other good threads to read if you are just getting started.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/833026-important-posts-to-read
  • Lizajayne23
    Lizajayne23 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I keep odd hours so I log a day as between waking and sleeping. I really can't see that it would make any difference if you're meeting your goals.
  • pineapple_jojo
    pineapple_jojo Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I only start logging the next day after I've had a night's sleep.
    So if I was snacking at 130am it would go on yesterday's diary (if you see what I mean!)
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options

Suggestion: look under the forum search feature for the 5:2 fast group. You can join the group and then ask questions about fasting from people who do it all the time. They fast 2 days a week and eat regular food the other 5 days.
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    I am up late working on school work, just had a shake and some fruit, and logged that under snacks for the new day. I would think it wouldn't really matter which day you pick.