Sugar addiction - help!

Options
My biggest weakness - sugar in any form!
I love cakes, cookies, candies, chocolate, sugary drinks...anything.
I've been eating pretty well lately, but I can't stay away from sugar.
What do you guys do to help sugar cravings? Bored eating?

Replies

• Nita160
    Options
    I have the same addiction! If it's sweet - I love it. Lately I have been eating Weight Watchers frozen desserts (ice cream sandwiches, popsicles, etc.) They are really delicious and satisfy the craving. And because they re WW, they are very low in calories.
  • logiesmom
    logiesmom Posts: 142
    Options
    I have the same addiction! If it's sweet - I love it. Lately I have been eating Weight Watchers frozen desserts (ice cream sandwiches, popsicles, etc.) They are really delicious and satisfy the craving. And because they re WW, they are very low in calories.

Oooo....that is a good idea!!! I love SUGAR!!! Thanks for the tip!:flowerforyou:
  • mlh612
    mlh612 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I just ordered some chocolate Vitatops and they are 100 calories and 4g to 9g of fiber.. I love chocolate, so I am hoping they do the trick... Plus it was a promo, buy one get one free..

http://www.vitalicious.com/emailpromo.html?utm_source=EM101110
  • msemejuru
    msemejuru Posts: 229
    Options
    I buy the weight watchers and smart ones desserts and only have them if I am under my calories for 3 days then I budget them in. I love to bake so I make low calorie banana, zucchini or cinnamon bread and pretend it's a slice of cake. I also make chocolate chip cookies for my family and keep them in the freezer. You have to take them out the night before because if you microwave them they melt. This helps my portion control. Bryers Smooth and Dreamy ice cream tastes great and only has 120 cals per half cup. Once a month I need a chocolate promise to get through the day.
  • funnygirl0940
    Options
    google sugar side effects...it'll help understand why you want to stay away from it...

We are sugar free for the most part. Check out your local honey farm! Raw honey is the best!!! I call it pure God food! You will acquire a taste for it, if you haven't already. You can put it in your coffee, tea, salad dressing & pastries. The greatest part about honey is that it boosts your immune system, helps fight off infections & acts as an allergy immunization!!! So load up!! I buy it by the 5 gallon buckets! It's amazing!

Forget about the honey in the super market...it's loaded with corn syrup! If you can get to the bee farm, you'll find a better price too! Go to the source for the best!!

Enjoy! mmm! you'll never regret it and you'll feel awesome!
  • Keisha604
    Keisha604 Posts: 126
    Options
    Thanks for the tips! These sound great!
  • AllietheLOSER
    AllietheLOSER Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have always been a chocoholic....if fact I have always joked that I teethed on tootsie rolls. Little Debbie has been my best friend for years. Starting my diet (I actaully it my life style change--that "D" word is a 4 letter word! lol) I knew that I was going to have issues with sweets. I just tried to find "healthy" alternatives. I also crave crunchy....so I discovered yogurt covered pretzels, banana chips, vanilla wafers--the store I frequent sells bite size vanilla wafers, so you think you're eating more than you actually are--I would rather eat 15 mini than 7 regular, ya know? Chocolate syrup on vanilla wafers is actually pretty delish. You can also dip pretzel sticks in it. Satisfys the chocolate craving. I haven't found the alternative to chocolate pie....but honestly, I'm finding myself in a position where I can have one or the other and I choose healthy (probably because I can stuff my face with healthy and I only get one small piece of the "bad food") Of course, with all of this, I eat only a 1 serving and then drink A LOT of water.
    Hope this helps you some! :-)