off the wagon

Options
Hi guys, just wanted to post so that I can get back on track. Have totally fallen off the wagon, sigh. Had a sick baby for two weeks, a sick child for another two and then I got ill myself for THREE weeks, have totally regressed, hardly logged in, stopped tracking, stopped exercising, dreading weighing myself- I feel awful had felt so in control for a while when i was checking in, it just seems to take so little to knoc-k me off course- I feel like I make excuses all of the time not to take control of my eating and my weight and it makes me so unhappy- I really do want to do this, I posted because I want to take the first step to getting back on track- feel really annoyed at myself but hopefully ill get it together-- thanks all for listening

Replies

• CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    It's never too late to get back on the wagon! Good job for admitting to the backslide and for committing to start over.
  • monkeyfood
    Options
    Sorry about your sick baby :( I hope everything is better.
    I've fallen of the band wagon too and just got back on! Welcome back!
    feel free to add me as a friend. We can support each other.
  • jalovec
    jalovec Posts: 62
    Options
    You can do it!!! Sometimes life gets in the way for awhile, but just start again, a day at a time. When you start seeing results again you'll feel better :)
  • TXBlockhead
    TXBlockhead Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I understand where you are coming from on this one. I fall of the wagon quite a bit myself. I will be going so good and then poof, something will happen that will throw me off and then I'm done until the motivation kicks in, which is usually months and months later. The important thing is that you logged in today, so that is a step in the right direction. Glad that everyone is all better now!
  • Shinemaria
    Shinemaria Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue - going back to school and dealing with sorority recruitment has pushed weight loss to the back of my mind. I wanna be skinny or at least fit, but it's killing me to have to do all of the work i have to do and also have to find time for exercise...the reason I came back now is because i'm feeling incredibly apathetic and i can't deal with it...
  • RaeBella13
    Options
    I have also fallen off the wagon and came back with a vengeance on Monday!
    YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
    Think of your motivating factors, and above all think of your HEALTH! That's what is keeping me going right now.
    And remember, you have US! :heart:
  • citizenstarr
    citizenstarr Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Cut yourself some slack during the first week to adjust to getting back on track and don't give up :)
  • Deborahmarieoneill
    Options
    oh thanks for being so supportive and nice! I have been meaning to post again but if you can believe this I got totally paranoid that people would think I was stupid for backsliding, I felt so ashamed of myself- I know I can do this, I'm going to add some more friends and start doing my diary straight away- again thank you for your kindness xx
  • lcosta1
    lcosta1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Deborahmari....don't feel too bad. I have fallen off the wagon again and again for the last 2 years. I lose a few pounds, then gain it all back. But I am back, once again, and going to keep on trying until I get it right. I started running 5 weeks ago, whch I have never done before, and started back on my high protein diet. I am already down 5 pounds which is good for me since my weight is very stubborn coming off. But the point is, keep on keeping on. and, I hope you all are feeling better!
  • Shinemaria
    Shinemaria Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    oh thanks for being so supportive and nice! I have been meaning to post again but if you can believe this I got totally paranoid that people would think I was stupid for backsliding, I felt so ashamed of myself- I know I can do this, I'm going to add some more friends and start doing my diary straight away- again thank you for your kindness xx

That's EXACTLY how I feel - I know everyone is here to support each other but I feel like I'm so conspicuous coming back in with my marker saying 0 lbs lost....
  • andeeinevansville
    Options
    Hi...and welcome back!! You've made the first big step by posting on here and trying to get back on track...Don't be too hard on yourself..I think most of us that are trying to lose weight have fallen off the wagon...and proably more than once...You have babies now to help keep you motivated to take care of yourself so you can give your best to them..I have 5 daughers...3 are still at home..ages 7, 5 and 15 months...and they've been sick recently too...it's hard to juggle everything at once...You can get back on track and reach your goal :) Feel free to add me as a friend and we can support each other on our weight loss journey! Good Luck
  • karenlmartel
    karenlmartel Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way, this is my second weekend i just didnt bothering recording and exercising. I know it will be hard. We both can do it.
    Dont feel so bad. It is hard when taking care of your sick childern. Hope you feel better and get back on track :D
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options

That's EXACTLY how I feel - I know everyone is here to support each other but I feel like I'm so conspicuous coming back in with my marker saying 0 lbs lost....

OMG you two...would people even have enough balls to berate you? seriously who doesn't fall off the wagon? we aren't perfect! unless you're Jillian whats-her-face...welcome back, good luck on your journey, and if you need a good laugh add my as a friend, the people on my page are hilarious...
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    That's OK. I'm of a mind that you shouldn't diet when you're sick anyway, you're body needs extra energy, not less! And there's always another tomorrow, so just jump back on, and get back to it when you can. I'm horrible at tracking my food every day (half the time, my computer's being used as a TV), and even if I was more on top of that.... I've still reset my calories to just maintain my weight for the time being. IDK why, but my 2 allergy medicines are wreaking havoc on my blood sugar (which i didn't know could happen, but it is.....) so....
    But every day's a new day, so new starts are abundant!