Yum!
  • bedot
    bedot Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Yum! Thanks :)
  • fullofquirks
    fullofquirks Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Just made 24 of 'em I ate 1, but there are 9 gone. Guess my youngins loved them too!
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine suggested adding 2 whipped egg whites for fluffier muffins. My sister tried it and says it works very well, so I am adding that in my next batch. They would add about 3 calories per muffin, and a little bit of protein as a bonus (though not much to really matter...)

My batch of 12 came out to about 148 calories each. The main calorie variable is the cake mix that you use. I used Betty Crocker Super Moist Spice Cake mix, which is 1600 calories dry, and 1 can pumpkin, which is 175 calories. Duncan Hines spice cake was closer to 1900 calories for a box.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Gotta try this! The last pumpkin muffins I tried to make all ended up in the trash.
  • JessLoseIt221
    JessLoseIt221 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yum! Gonna make these soon. :)
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    This also works if you swap the cake mix for brownie mix.
  • chrissyreneet
    chrissyreneet Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JessiesGirls520
    Options
    bump
  • Becca_Smith1552
    Options
    I love pumpkin flavored everything this time of year... thanks for posting this!! :smile:
  • ldonahue74
    ldonahue74 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kristen49233
    kristen49233 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I have a batch in the oven...made with Pillsbury Classic Yellow cake mix--smells delish!!
  • vickyplum
    vickyplum Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    There is ONE place that sells canned pumpkin online here, you have no idea how hard that is to find. None of our supermarkets stock it.
    And I've been wanting extra reasons to get a bucket load of the stuff, not just pumpkin pie.
    This is so simple and everyone else in the house will eat it, I'm off to spend all my money on my credit card on canned pumpkin lol.
    THANKS!

Waitrose sell it
  • ShadeyC
    ShadeyC Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    There is ONE place that sells canned pumpkin online here, you have no idea how hard that is to find. None of our supermarkets stock it.
    And I've been wanting extra reasons to get a bucket load of the stuff, not just pumpkin pie.
    This is so simple and everyone else in the house will eat it, I'm off to spend all my money on my credit card on canned pumpkin lol.
    THANKS!

Waitrose sell it

Thanks but I am in New Zealand, so they don't deliver to me.
  • schonkreuz
    schonkreuz Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Will try! Sounds awesome
  • la8ydi
    la8ydi Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Yum!
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I just made this with the Spice cake mix, had to add a little water because the batter was quite thick. In Canada we use the metric system so a can of pumpkin is not quite 15 ounces here...more like 14.25 so maybe that is why.

It is frickin' DELICIOUS! I will make it for our thanksgiving dinner and maybe add a little Cool Whip on top.
  • kristen49233
    kristen49233 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I made this over the weekend with the yellow cake mix--oh my gosh!! So good. 12 muffins--145 calories each. Worth every stinkin calorie!!

I want to try it with the Spice Cake mix next!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I made this over the weekend with the yellow cake mix--oh my gosh!! So good. 12 muffins--145 calories each. Worth every stinkin calorie!!

I want to try it with the Spice Cake mix next!

That's the plan here, lol.
  • kenyonl85
    kenyonl85 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    i made these last night with devil's food cake mix and a can of pumpkin and they were disgusting...lol. to be fair I don't like the taste of pumpkin at all...thought i wouldn't be able to taste it.