Ready to kick my weight loss into gear!

Options
Hey everyone. I'm Tina. I'm 39 and have to lose around 85lbs to be considered healthy. My daughter entered us both in a Warrior Mud Race in June 2014, so I'm planning on working hard and doing my best to reach my goal weight. I plan on doing this healthily and not trying to lose it all in the first month. I'm actually excited to be beginning this and would love to meet new people, as an online support system. I plan on turning 40 next August better than I looked turning 30! I am married with 2 kids, 18 and 16. My husband has stuck by me and tried supporting me though my million different weight loss plans. Finally the penny dropped and I realize this is a new lifestyle, not another quick fad diet. So would love to connect with people who are in the same boat as me. :)

Replies

• jandjcassidy
    Options
    Welcome And good for you!! Sound like it would be a fun race! I will add you!! :)
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Welcome, MudWarrior! Love that name, btw. I'm 41, have 3 kiddos, 14,10, and 8. I also had 85 lbs to lose. I am almost 1/2 way there. I'll send you a friend request...having support has made a huge difference in my journey.
  • Hiker_Rob
    Hiker_Rob Posts: 5,547 Member
    Options
    Welcome and all the best for reaching your goals! Anyone can feel free to add me if you like!
  • k8n1
    k8n1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Add me if you like!
  • babblingbee
    Options
    43 y/o Mom with 60 pounds to lose. Feel free to add me. And kudos on taking on the mudder challenge with your daughter. That is awesome!
  • lornaclegg7
    Options
    I am new to this site/app. I cannot figure out how to set my weekly calories to start on Saturday instead of Monday. Has anyone done this change?
  • Healingnutritionsolutions
    Options
    Sounds like we have a lot in common - I am too busy for great exercise right now so really focusing on diet. I have good times and bad times, like a lot of us. Next May when my daughter and I graduate we are going to do at least a 5 k and we are looking for something like a paint/ mud who knows... It'll take some time to get there, but you hit the nail on the head with the lifestyle change. It has to be this way. I'm sooooo done being a "dieter" and feeling bad about me. Welcome to MFP!