Anyone up for a 30 lb challenge by Christmas?

Options

Replies

• Chocolaloverz
    Options
    I'm on!
  • Bushin
    Options
    I'm in. :smile:
  • Healthy_Shelley
    Healthy_Shelley Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm in for a challenge! I would like to try to lose a pound a week, so I would be in for a ~ 12 lb challenge by XMAS.
  • arirosebo
    Options
    I'm in! The last time I did an xmas challenge it worked really well - a 30 lb goal is just a benchmark. As long as you're trying to lose something, you'll be happy at the end of 3 months :)
  • hillarysmith21
    hillarysmith21 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I want to join with the rest of my goal! So in :)
  • NiccoleG
    NiccoleG Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Count me in!!!!!:smile:
  • shannajk
    shannajk Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm in, but I plan to gain some muscle too. My nutritionist has a scale that measures muscle, so for every pound of muscle I gain, I'm going to count as a pound of fat loss. Fair?
  • Smokey864
    Smokey864 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Im down. .Want to lose 32 by 12/31 so this works out perfectly!
  • rezekiel
    rezekiel Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Okay, I just started a group and called it "30 Lbs To Christmas Challenge Or What You Will!" Sign up and let's do this!!

Group has been started and we've been posting our start weights and also our goal weight for Christmas. Jump on this train peeps before it leaves without you! So motivated!!:happy:
  • is it to late for me to join???
  • StangMan12
    StangMan12 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Of course not, we only started a week ago. Just post your start and goal weight in the Christmas Meltdown thread, there's plenty of time yet. It doesn't have to be 30 lbs, just a goal you want to hit by Christmas. Welcome aboard. :)
  • AlyssaNewtons
    Options
    The shakes im on help build muscle drinking them once a day and drinking them twice a day for weight loss!
  • AlyssaNewtons
    Options
    Im in ive lost 20 allready in 14 days on the 90 day challenge so im sure I got this!
  • k8n1
    k8n1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Lol I wish! I just keep plugging along, going for lifestyle change which is much more than a short term goal. I love MFP add me if you wish! :happy:
  • ElizabethsMommy29
    Options
    im in
  • marianpezzuti
    marianpezzuti Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm staring a little late, but I'm in! Just getting started and very motivayed!
  • james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Love your approach, I'm in. Currently at 175 my goal is 2 pounds a week I have to up it by 2.5 pounds a week. Can I do it? Yes! It all adds up, a walk, an extra 10minutes in the sauna, and extra five minutes of cross fit. I am so ready to see myself again!
    Sauna? thats not exercise nor does it prove to burn calories, just saying, caught my eye.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    So tiring to see unrealistic and unhealthy goals cheered on so often here at MFP. We cannot dictate to our body that it must weigh x on x date. How about focusing on health and fitness and finding a permanent and sustainable lifestyle in order to achieve those goals? Setting weight loss goals by date is such a FAIL.

Edit: and yes I will be "negative" and "unsupportive" of ideas and strategies that I feel are unhealthy and unsustainable.
  • StangMan12
    StangMan12 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    So tiring to see unrealistic and unhealthy goals cheered on so often here at MFP. We cannot dictate to our body that it must weigh x on x date. How about focusing on health and fitness and finding a permanent and sustainable lifestyle in order to achieve those goals? Setting weight loss goals by date is such a FAIL.

Edit: and yes I will be "negative" and "unsupportive" of ideas and strategies that I feel are unhealthy and unsustainable.

Unrealistic? Almost 35 lbs lost in 3 weeks and my scale says it's real. So does my nutritionists scale and my doctor is very happy. Obesity is unhealthy and I feel anyone working to get rid of that deserves cheers.

Too bad you have such a negative view, this is a SUPPORT forum isn't it? Maybe whatever YOU think everyone should be doing is better kept to yourself. We have our own goals on this thread and we give support to help each other reach them. As far as I'm concerned, your attitude is FAIL. I for one do not care what you think after that post so go be negative somewhere else!
  • tootchute
    tootchute Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I will join, it's a goal and even if you don't reach the 30lbs you can just be in it to challenge yourself.