10 lbs by November 15th?

Options
sakinakhan1840
sakinakhan1840 Posts: 2 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
Hi, my name is Sakina and I live in Chicago. I am 35 years old and a working mom to a 5 year old daughter. I work 40 hours per week with a 45 min commute each way. I eat to alleviate stress and depression. I take Zoloft but it doesn't help with the depression much.

If I limit myself to 1300 calories a day then can I lose 10 lbs by November 15th?

Thanks everyone.

Replies

• cameronwheeler
    Options
    You could very well lose 10 lbs in a month and a half. I once lost 25 lbs in just 30 days. Last month I lost 8. Limiting yourself to a certain caloric intake wont guarantee your goal. You have to consider other things such as sodium, fat intake, sugar etc. If you are just starting your weight loss journey, your first 5-8 lbs loss will most likely be water weight. Try and go for healthier options when munching out during stress and depression. Also dont tell yourself that you can't have this or that either just because its unhealthy. You can eat everything you like to eat, but try and prepare it differently or eat smaller portions. The little things you do make the biggest difference. The first thing I did was start walking 3 days a week, then I moved up to running, and such. I've lost 91 lbs in just 4 months on here so its not too hard. Also you can have cheat days too. I go to Buffalo Wild Wings every wednesday for chicken tenders, fries, and a beer.

Good luck, with you weight loss journey, and if you have any questions feel free to add me as a friend and ask!
  • NH_Norma
    NH_Norma Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I would suggest plugging in your current weight, height, etc on your profile settings, then set the desired weight loss at 1.5 lbs/week. It will give you a daily calorie goal.
  • 130Sam130
    130Sam130 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I think you can definitely do this! It's not an unrealistic goal. And, actually, this is what I am going for as well. Best of luck to you!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Sakuna,

Welcome. I think your goal is realistic.

Have you yet set your profile up in MFP? It's a great tool for setting perimeters based on how much you want to lose. November 15 is about about six weeks. If you lost 2 lbs. a week, that would be 12 pounds.

You said you want to lose ten pounds, so I would recommend setting your goals to lose 1.5 pounds a week (that would be 9 pounds, which is close).

Good luck!
  • sakinakhan1840
    sakinakhan1840 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    When life is as empty as mine, I try to fill the empty hole deep inside of me with food - because it feels so good. What else can I do? I occasionally walk on the treadmill at the gym but hate that a lot.
This discussion has been closed.