New ... sort of

Options
Okay, like the majority of everyone on here I've spent over half my life on the diet roller coaster, losing and gaining over and over again. I used the Slim Fast site a few years ago, which isn't even close to being as good as this one from everything I've seen so far.

I like the "net calories consumed" way of comparing exercise level with food intake, as well as actually giving a person credit for daily activity (even if you spend all day sitting in an office like me).

Anyway, I've been going to the gym five days a week for over six months, but something just seemed to be lacking. So I'm hoping with a little more awareness of what I'm eating will help me stay honest instead of sneaking in the random junk food snack and blowing it off.

Replies

• poncerjd
    poncerjd Posts: 23
    Options
    Okay, like the majority of everyone on here I've spent over half my life on the diet roller coaster, losing and gaining over and over again. I used the Slim Fast site a few years ago, which isn't even close to being as good as this one from everything I've seen so far.

I like the "net calories consumed" way of comparing exercise level with food intake, as well as actually giving a person credit for daily activity (even if you spend all day sitting in an office like me).

Anyway, I've been going to the gym five days a week for over six months, but something just seemed to be lacking. So I'm hoping with a little more awareness of what I'm eating will help me stay honest instead of sneaking in the random junk food snack and blowing it off.
  • shashod
    shashod Posts: 103
    Options
    Welcome and good luck :flowerforyou:
  • poncerjd
    Options
    Thanks!!
  • blondeheat
    blondeheat Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Yeah, those random foods add up. Had on little carmel the other day and found out it was like 40 calories. I could have 2 cups of lettus, 1/2 cp blue berries instead of one tiny carmel.
  • poncerjd
    Options
    Definitely! I learned that the last time too ... when you really lay it out and start keeping track of what you're eating ... it's suprising how much that cheeseburger really cost you!!

Now of course, you have to reward yourself every now and then, otherwise you go insane.

I've been there too. But if you go overboard and don't have a rational meter, like keeping track of the nutritional information, it can get out of control quick.