Can you exercise too much?

Options
The last weeks I have been logging food and exercise (using runtastic). The first week I lost about 3 lbs (1.6 kg). And the 2nd I didn't lose anything. I have been doing a lot of elliptical. About half an hour in the morning and a couple of times also in the evening. I do already cycle about half an hour ( not at once though), for school run, shopping etc. And twice a week I Nordic Walk with a friend. Is it possible I am doing too much??

Replies

• lucan07
    lucan07 Posts: 509
    Options
    Possible that if you increased you exercise significantly your muscles are retaining water to repair, if so this will settle down.
  • XstitchCarina
    XstitchCarina Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My biggest problem is, that I don't think I drink enough. I keep forgetting.
  • primal_cupcakes
    primal_cupcakes Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    If you enjoy your current exercise regimen and feel like you can handle the amount of exercise you are doing (don't feel incredibly sore or exhausted all the time, aren't dreading your workouts), then keep it up. Give your body a little time to adjust. Two weeks isn't long enough to draw conclusions about the efficacy of a workout routine, and weightloss is rarely linear and predictable. Just keep at it with diligence and an eye on the big picture.
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Rest assured your current regime does not constitute "overtraining".

Weight loss isn't linear. One week you lose more, one week you lose less. One week you lose inches, one week you lose numbers on the scale.

That's just the way it is.
  • XstitchCarina
    XstitchCarina Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thanks people. Am contiplating do a little more elliptical now. Its almost 8pm here. I have had about 1300 calories today, might take another snack a little later, but I would feel better if I do another 20 minutes of elliptical.
  • asdfghjkllauuuur
    Options
    I used the elliptical for about a month (30 min each time) 5 days a week and weights 4 days a week and barely saw progress. I stopped doing that and started running 4 miles everyday, ab workouts, and yoga and saw results wayyyy faster. Elliptical doesnt work for me lol.