100+ and still not at goal

Options
Anyone else in this boat with me? Over 100lbs gone -but about 50-60 to go

Replies

• graceire
    graceire Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Its hard to tell from your post, but I hope that you're proud as hell of yourself, because that is an awesome accomplishment, even with more to go! :flowerforyou:

My initial goal is 100 lbs gone. I'll reassess when I get there if I'm going to try to lose more. My initial goal weight is 140, which I've weighed before (oh, about 14 years ago...), and felt good at that weight. But might try to get down to 130. Eh, I have a ways to go to decide!
  • kowajenn
    kowajenn Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    You are rockin' it! Keep it up!
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Oh I am DEFINITELY proud :)
    Just seeing who is in the same boat as I am :)
  • RoseBlossom29
    RoseBlossom29 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling of when you feel you've accomplished and are nearing the end.

(Of course my loss is zilch compared to your 100+ pounds.)

PS can you tell me how you did it?
  • LolasEpicJourney
    Options
    1. Being faithful to my calorie goals
    2. Exercising like mad

Hard work and determination. I have PCOS which generally makes losing weight more difficult - but I have pushed through that!
  • shadus
    shadus Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I'm closing on it, about 70 lbs gone, about 130 to go.
  • littlenature
    Options
    Wow, go you! How long did it take you to get where you are? How does it feel?!
  • LolasEpicJourney
    Options
    I went from 315-270 in probably 4m.
    I gained back 15 lbs
    Took me from March 2011 - Jan 2012 to get from 285-210.
    I got pregnant - didn't gain much.
    Haven't seen a loss since before my daughter was conceived (I was immediately back to about 205-210 when she was born).
    I gained back 5-10lbs in the last 12 months (since she was born)
    Recently started losing again - YAY :)

So long story short - in 2009 I was 315lbs
    Took me until Jan 2012 to get to 210 - so 3 years
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    at one time I was at 100 lost with 200 more to go..... Just keep plugging away and you will eventually hit your goal....

Best of Luck
  • ZombieEarhart
    ZombieEarhart Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I'm the opposite, 60 pounds down and 100 to go. I'll be pretty pleased when I have less than 100 pounds to lose!
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I've lost around 120 or so pounds & still have around 30-40 some pounds to lose. I at least want to get around 150 and the lowest I want to go is 140.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I am OP! I am at around 100 lbs lost and have about the same amount left to go that you do in order to get to my goal weight. But I've not told anybody in my real life about the 100 lbs milestone except my wife.

I was deceptively fat. Most people in my life would, at any given time, be shocked at my real weight; I carried it very well. I'm at that point now when I am nowhere near "skinny", but people close to me are starting to call me that. When I get to my low goal weight, which is a good 25 lbs lower than my once low weight in my early 20s, I think people are going to be very shocked at just how much weight I lost during the entire journey. Then, and only then, will I tell everyone just how much I lost.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I've lost around 120 or so pounds & still have around 30-40 some pounds to lose. I at least want to get around 150 and the lowest I want to go is 140.
    Holy cow, that's me exactly: I started at 300, July '12, have lost 120, (90 since starting on MFP a year ago) and I have 30 left to go! I was 140 when I was a teenager, but frankly I was a bit scrawny at that weight ( I'm 5'11").
  • tvanhooser
    tvanhooser Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'm close -- about 97 lbs. down with about 18 to go to reach goal -- 115. At 5'2", the lowest I want to go is 112 but I will be happy to maintain between 112-120 once I reach goal in my mid-range of "healthy."
  • gebe1231
    gebe1231 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Yep! I started Jan 2012 & am not done yet! It has been an incredible journey! And yes...the old school way of watching what I eat & exercising!
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Down 110 since July 2012., definitely going for at least 30 more, then I'll reasses.
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I have 70 more pounds to go. Still fat just not as fat. I look at progress pictures and still don't like what I see.
  • ewrob
    ewrob Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    This is about where I'm at as well, I've lost a bit more than 100, but I think I have 50 to 60 to go.
  • ssyer
    ssyer Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    86 1/2 pounds gone another 21 to go
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    YES. I've lost 125, i still have about 10-15 to go. I'm at 152 right now. I'd like to be about 140 give or take a couple. Its frustrating to have lost so much and still not be at goal but at the same time it's like i can breathe a fresh breath of air now that I can FINALLY see the finish line. I've lost 125, surely I can do another 10?!!