Towards the End, what should I do now?

Hi all.

So its been nearly 14 months since I've started my weight loss journey.
Where I was 265lbs, 5"11.5 in height and having to wear 38/40" jeans.
I never measured my waist about the navel at that point in time so I have no idea what my waist measurements were.

Currently I'm 19 years old. 188-189lbs (Don't have a scale with me in uni) 6ft tall and I've found some 36" jeans to be loose. My waist measurement right now is 35-36" and I can fit into some medium sized clothes but I mostly wear large size.

Right now in the second year of Uni, where the workload has increased and all. I go to the gym as much as I can and also eat clean and low in calories, unless going to society dinners and socials. I strongly avoid alcohol, candy and high fatty foods. It's only started for 15 days and I've been to the gym 8 or 9 times I think. Each gym session is at least an hour long, with an hour of cardio through rowing machines and cycling machines. I also add in weights training to my gym sessions for every other session so its like
Session 1 - Cardio + Weights, Session 2 - Cardio, Session 3 - Cardio + Weights and so on.

The progress has been decent I would say since I'm now at 188-189lbs when I entered the second year of Uni at 192-193lbs.

Is my current workout routine decent or should I throw in more exercise? Also my goal weight is something along the lines of 170lbs, possibly even 160-165. Would that be too low for my height of 6ft? I'm asian though so Idk if that means my body frame is smaller or anything. Also would it be possible for my to reach my target weight in 11 weeks?

Thanks for any help!

Replies

• Spinalcord12
    Spinalcord12 Posts: 20 Member
    bump?
  • hwoeltjen
    hwoeltjen Posts: 199 Member
    What kind of cardio are you doing? What does your weight lifting routine look like?

Whether or not 160 pounds is too low for your body type requires that you start measuring your body fat %. You do not want to go down to too low of a body fat %. It is extremely unhealthy.

So go out and get a digital body fat caliper. It will be worth the money.

189 to 170 in 11 weeks is doable. That's around 1.7 pounds per week.

Just remember a few things. You may need to adjust your calorie intake or exercise as you lose the weight. If you aren't losing at least 1.7 per week....adapt your diet/exercise.
  • Spinalcord12
    Spinalcord12 Posts: 20 Member
    What kind of cardio are you doing? What does your weight lifting routine look like?

Whether or not 160 pounds is too low for your body type requires that you start measuring your body fat %. You do not want to go down to too low of a body fat %. It is extremely unhealthy.

So go out and get a digital body fat caliper. It will be worth the money.

189 to 170 in 11 weeks is doable. That's around 1.7 pounds per week.

Just remember a few things. You may need to adjust your calorie intake or exercise as you lose the weight. If you aren't losing at least 1.7 per week....adapt your diet/exercise.

Cardio consists of cycling and rowing machines. Weight lifting consists of the standard shoulder, elbow, bicep, deltoid stuff in the gym and I have a pair of 9kg dumbells are home that I do 30 reps in the morning and at night, right after waking up and before sleeping.