Oh look a whole MSN article devoted to thigh gap!

Options

Replies

• SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Siiigh! And also, the thigh gap is totally achievable even when people aren't underweight. But it depends on bone structure. Whoever wrote this article obviously doesn't have one.
  • Spiritrose
    Spiritrose Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Who focuses on these things?? I would have never noticed a "thigh gap" on anyone if it hadn't just been pointed out to me.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Who focuses on these things?? I would have never noticed a "thigh gap" on anyone if it hadn't just been pointed out to me.

That is because you are not anorexic. Believe me, thigh gap is a very big thing in some circles. :ohwell:
  • femininecontour
    Options
    You don't need to be anorexic to have or know about a thigh gap (that's an ignorant thing to say).

Thigh gaps occur naturally in women who have wide hips, but women with narrower hips can achieve one depending on how lean she is able to get and the types of exercises she chooses to do. Some exercises make the thigh muscles more prominent than others.

The article is simple and full of half truths and straight up lies.

For those who are interested in hearing from someone who has actually achieved a thigh gap the healthy way, i'd recommend googling the book "The thigh gap Hack"
  • AllyCatXandi
    AllyCatXandi Posts: 329 Member
    Options

Apparently it's a huge deal in some places. I didn't know what it even was until my sisters started going on and on about how important they thought it was to have one.

My 17 year old sister does hockey, touch football, swimming, netball...you name it. She has a six-pack, been the family sporty kid all her life, and looks AMAZING. I would kill for her legs. Now, apparently there were a group of stupid little boys in her year who were going on about how they would never date her because she didn't have said gap.

I was completely disgusted and am very much surprised the car didn't explode with my rage when I found out.
  • luckyshilling
    Options

Apparently it's a huge deal in some places. I didn't know what it even was until my sisters started going on and on about how important they thought it was to have one.

My 17 year old sister does hockey, touch football, swimming, netball...you name it. She has a six-pack, been the family sporty kid all her life, and looks AMAZING. I would kill for her legs. Now, apparently there were a group of stupid little boys in her year who were going on about how they would never date her because she didn't have said gap.

I was completely disgusted and am very much surprised the car didn't explode with my rage when I found out.

Yep, I think that would have caused me to have a Drew Barrymore 'Firestarter' moment too.
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I will start walking bowlegged. Problem solved.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    All thighs have a gap when they are spread. Just sayin...
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    All thighs have a gap when they are spread. Just sayin...

tumblr_lmatyrYlCI1qkwc9zo1_500_zpsfed9434d.gif
  • karl39x
    karl39x Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Is this just a girl thing?